[Edit-Group][#BR-RAWS][Important-Mod]

Please use the "notify mod" feature for minor things. Only major things which need discussion should get posted in the forum

Moderator: AniDB

pablobhz

[Edit-Group][#BR-RAWS][Important-Mod]

Post by pablobhz »

Hello.
Well, as i readed it must be a important thing to post here.

It is. My name's Pablo, i'm the owner of the fanraw group #br-raws.
It seems that someone, created an #br-raws entry here. btw, i tried to add some episodes to it but had no success.

This isn't the biggest problem.

The first thing i'm gonna ask, its how i can i get the password for the group entry they created, since i don't know who created it(I would like to say to this person thanks, but i have no idea about who is it).

also, actually we're using the name without the #, only br-raws.
Since it won't be a good idea to create a new group, as hashes will be problematic to add ( I have episodes here, but since they're from other group i wouldn't be able to add them again ).
I have many ways to prove i'm the group owner.
the irc channel, the e-mail, the website...many ways to show i'm really the group owner and i would like that, if possible this thing to be solved.

By the way, my user on anidb is pablobhz (I have this username everywhere). I added some sola hashes, but they've been added as creq, since i couldn't change them to #br-raws. If possible, just change it to #br-raws, or remove (If AniDB is going to attend my request and remove this entry).

I hope i'm not bugging you a lot (only a bit ;P), and maybe my request can be done. If not possible, no problems...i just would like to know who created it, then i could contact this person in order to solve all those things.

Thanks in advance
Pablo
Sesshoumaru-sama
brraws.admin@gmail.com
brraws@gmail.com
HiEv

Re: [Edit-Group][#BR-RAWS][Important-Mod]

Post by HiEv »

pablobhz wrote:It seems that someone, created an #br-raws entry here. btw, i tried to add some episodes to it but had no success.
Just go to the anime, click the "Add new file" icon under the Action column, and add the file there. If you have multiple files you can use the "massf" link at the bottom of the anime's page. For other information see here:

http://wiki.anidb.net/w/Content:Files
pablobhz wrote:The first thing i'm gonna ask, its how i can i get the password for the group entry they created, since i don't know who created it(I would like to say to this person thanks, but i have no idea about who is it).
There is no "password" for the group entry. As for who created it, I doubt the admins here will pass on that information.
pablobhz wrote:also, actually we're using the name without the #, only br-raws.
Just click the "request edit" link at the bottom of the page and request that change:

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sh ... p&gid=4429
pablobhz wrote:Since it won't be a good idea to create a new group, as hashes will be problematic to add ( I have episodes here, but since they're from other group i wouldn't be able to add them again ).
Huh? Anyone can add any files. You just need an AniDB account. I've added files, episodes, and all sorts of other stuff, and I'm not really a part of any anime group.

Just request the changes and additions you want and it should go through. You may want to include a link that backs up your changes if you think you may be questioned on the change.

Hope that helps!
pablobhz

Post by pablobhz »

Hi
Thanks, it helped a lot.
What happens, is that my group never gets listed when i try to add the anime.
Sorry for all those noobs questions.
btw, i really would like to know who created it...
i'm thinking about remove the #br-raws (ask its removal), as i don't know who will updated it, who added all that stuff. its something totally anonymous.

Thanks in advance for your attention
Pablo
HiEv

Post by HiEv »

pablobhz wrote:What happens, is that my group never gets listed when i try to add the anime.
You mean when you try to add the file, right?

Just put "br-raws" into the "Released by:" -> "Search text:" textbox, hit the "Search" button, and then it should appear in the dropdown list next to "By search:". After that it may take a few days for it to appear on the group's page.
pablobhz wrote:i'm thinking about remove the #br-raws (ask its removal), as i don't know who will updated it, who added all that stuff.
I don't think they'll remove it, and anyone can update it. Really, I think you're worrying a lot about nothing.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

you know we can just skip all the crap.

as i just confirmed all you do is

1. install winny/share
2. dl random raws
3. go OMFG
4. put your tag in the file even though you did nothing, but dl it
5. go OMFG again
6. distribute it via <insert whatever you use>
7. smirk evily into the distance

example #1:
here

example #2:
here

etc.

also see: http://wiki.anidb.info/w/Which_raw_groups_to_credit

anyway deleting the group now

we don't list redistributors as that's just

edit: just making the links more compact - fahrenheit
pablobhz

Post by pablobhz »

Hey
We have our dvdrips too.
So, i'm gonna add only the dvdrips if thats the case.

Thanks for the warning, i didn't knew i was wrong.

[edit]
btw, how to request the blacklist removal. I would like to add DVDRIPS we have in our group (Lucky Star, Claymore, KSG:Ai Senshi Hen), and some others.

Thanks.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

i seriously doubt you actually ripped those yourself
HiEv

Post by HiEv »

pablobhz wrote:Thanks for the warning, i didn't knew i was wrong.
You didn't know it was wrong to take credit for someone else's work???
pablobhz

Post by pablobhz »

Hello.
Well, i didn't know about this AniDB policy.
My credit is only about sharing. I don't even have HDTV where i live (Brazil).

AniDB Mod:
You want the scripts of each encode ? I can send, no problem.
As i add it, you'll notice that they're the only ones.
If you want, look around a lucky star rip from br-raws. Check if you find any other group, anywhere else that files matches its CRC, MD5, SHA-1, any hash check you want to =)

Yeah, we share some raws from winny/share/perfect dark to other people. But we also, rip our raws.
It's going to be your choice let me join AniDB as a group, or not.
If you need confirmation about anything, just ask me.
Thanks in advance for the attention.

Pablo
brraws.admin@gmail.com
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

fine then if you will onyl add your selfripped stuff then go ahead. just don't go around and flag things you didn't do as your own in anidb