[Edit][Add]Category

Please use the "notify mod" feature for minor things. Only major things which need discussion should get posted in the forum

Moderator: AniDB

Enerccio

[Edit][Add]Category

Post by Enerccio »

Just to inform you, that you have incorrectly category yuri -
YURI is not HENTAI!
Yuri is anime where is love between females.
Shojo-ai is anime where is romantic feeling between females
(not like yaoi and shounen-ai)
YURI HENTAI is called Lestai.

Please correct it. Thank you.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

THANK YOU for reminding us all that definitions are precise, immutable, and universal - but can still be completely made up on the spot. レズタイ... wtf.

Rar
Enerccio

Post by Enerccio »

Well is that no?
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Nah, there shouldn't be any category named 'hentai' - it confuses people. We just want the 18禁 flag and a general sex cat to hold the h subshit. This doesn't mean your worldview couldn't use a little loosening though, try some lube.

Rar
Enerccio

Post by Enerccio »

I only posted this, because when i search for yuri i got only hentai results (which is incorrect because Strawberry Panic! and Kannazuki no Miko are truly yuri and not shojo-ai and not only them)
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Kannazuki no Miko was serialised in Shounen Ace, and Strawberry Panic in Dengeki G's Magazine, both of which have almost exclusively male readership (for G's: 92% male, 78% 18 or over) - which I thought was one of the chief whines of westerners insisting on the word being used 'properly'. (Though clearly bullshit, most of the stuff they flag as kosher is done by the same people and in the same mags as straight pron).

Rar
Enerccio

Post by Enerccio »

Rar wrote:Kannazuki no Miko was serialised in Shounen Ace, and Strawberry Panic in Dengeki G's Magazine, both of which have almost exclusively male readership (for G's: 92% male, 78% 18 or over) - which I thought was one of the chief whines of westerners insisting on the word being used 'properly'. (Though clearly bullshit, most of the stuff they flag as kosher is done by the same people and in the same mags as straight pron).

Rar
well as you can see there is no yuri hentai at all!
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

No, I can't see! All I see is a bunch of tards disagreeing on terms and classifications they don't understand themselves. I do see that anidb needs to be clearer, but bar honouring the yellow 成年 there's not much we can be overly prescriptive about.

Rar
Enerccio

Post by Enerccio »

Rar wrote:No, I can't see! All I see is a bunch of tards disagreeing on terms and classifications they don't understand themselves. I do see that anidb needs to be clearer, but bar honouring the yellow 成年 there's not much we can be overly prescriptive about.

Rar
Why do you call someone who likes yuri/shojo-ai retard?
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

if person <> rar then retard
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

If person uses <> instead of != then person is retarded, perhaps. Anyway, that's not what I said, clearly your English->Slovak babelfish isn't quite working - read the bits you quoted again.

Rar
Sosseres

Post by Sosseres »

If you read the genre definitions you will see that they define yuri as sexual relations between females and shoujo ai as romantic feelings between them. Both are often true of a single series, but classifying hentai ones as yuri and non hentai ones as shoujo ai would most likely work just fine...
Enerccio

Post by Enerccio »

Sosseres wrote:If you read the genre definitions you will see that they define yuri as sexual relations between females and shoujo ai as romantic feelings between them. Both are often true of a single series, but classifying hentai ones as yuri and non hentai ones as shoujo ai would most likely work just fine...
Thats what i am talking about, i think its not good.
Yuri means love
Shojo-ai means only feelings
Lestai is hentai (yuri hentai)
(NOT IN JAPANESE TRANSLATION ofc)

Rar: Well try != in pascal :P
Rar: Nope, i dont use babel fish (why, i can read very good, grammar is worse). But you were talking about "yuri maniacs are retards, because they cannot agree at one definition" And in this link you post (http://gynocrat.wordpress.com/2006/10/1 ... i-for-men/ ) is clearly written that Yuri with hentai is not yuri at all!!!
Neko-Musume

Post by Neko-Musume »

Enerccio wrote: ...hentai...hentai...hentai...
A bit of hypocrisy? If you're going to fight semantic drift, at least be consistent about it.