[Relations] Patlabor

Please use the "notify mod" feature for minor things. Only major things which need discussion should get posted in the forum

Moderator: AniDB

Trilandian

[Relations] Patlabor

Post by Trilandian »

Yesterday I made a comment concerning Patlabor 1990's preview, which I thought contained some inaccuracies. Today I found that Patlabor The Movie 1 was changed from its sequel relation to Patlabor OVA to a relation of side story. Now, I don't know if maybe I was misunderstood in my comment or if it has nothing to do with my comment, but I don't think that Movie 1 is a side story of the OVA, I think it's a sequel.
Now, seeing as how I was wrong about this sort of thing before, I wanted to make sure that it is the case before making further comments in the aniDB home site.
So, is Movie 1 a sequel or a side story to the OVA? What's your say in the matter?
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

yesterday? yesterday nothing was changed. neither the day before that or several months before that.

see:
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... est&do=seq

you won't find anything patlabor related
Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor Gekijouban is a side story of Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor. (Added by rar on 29.08.2005. delete)

dunno what you think you saw, but this has been like that for ages
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

Huh, unreal! I could've sworn I saw Patlabor The Movie having a sequel relation to the OAV! Anyway, I'll trust what you're saying, my mistake, I guess.
I do, however, still think that the 1st movie is a sequel to the OAV, since it introduces many new things that weren't even mentioned in the OAV: things like the HOS and AV "Zero", not to mention the full deployment of the paratrooper labors that were still in developement in the OAV. Furthermore, if you go to anime news network at the following link:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... php?id=191
You'll see (right below the title) that it's listed as a sequel to the OVA, rather than as a side story.