renaming issue...

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

sta1k3r

renaming issue...

Post by sta1k3r »

is it possible to make the episode number pattern while renaming not like 1,2,3,...9,10......etc, but 01,02,03, 09, 10,11...etc...
egg

Post by egg »

Yes. Both AOM and WebAOM support this by default (and even 001 for anime with more than 99 eps).

It would be nice if you provided more information about the client you are using, and information about any files you are having problems with.
sta1k3r

Post by sta1k3r »

sorry, i thought that i've written it

i am using AOM 0.5.6.243

and there is no particular problem in renaming - i just don't get it - how can i make a renaming pattern like 01, 02..etc (reied via tags and patterns but i couldn't manage to do so accurately)
egg

Post by egg »

AniDB O'Matic - Documentation: Automatic file renaming

I believe %epno does this automatically if there are at least 10 eps in the anime, if there are less than 10 then it may just use 1, 2, 3, ...
sta1k3r

Post by sta1k3r »

well yes, you are right, but i prefer the pattern 01, 02 even of there are less than 10 series and even if there are more than 100 i prefer 52 rather than 052 and 03 rather than 003

i guess it can't be helped
sta1k3r

Post by sta1k3r »

and another question - in the "file renaming" options of the program it is impossible to change "Anime title language" - the default is "English" - how does the language change will affect the renaming. What i have now - is that the program renames the files with the original titles, spelled in english letters which is not convenient, because i'd have "Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight", rather than i have now: " Lodoss-tou Senki: Eiyuu Kishi Den".
egg

Post by egg »

I don't remember the specifics about renaming in AOM. I have been using WebAOM to rename for quite a while now, it can also move the files and has rules based naming rather than just macro replacement.

For instance, to use the format of english (romaji) I use:
IF I(eng) DO ADD '%eng (%ann)'
ELSE DO ADD '%ann'

To mark the languages for dubs/subs, I use:
IF D(japanese);D(english) DO ADD '(DUAL)' //Add (DUAL) if the file is DUAL Audio.
ELSE IF D(japanese);S(none) DO ADD '(RAW)' //Add (RAW) if the file is not subbed.
ELSE IF D(english);D(!japanese) DO ADD '(DUB)' // If it is a DUB mark it.
ELSE IF D(instrumental) DO ADD '(INST)' //Mark as instrumental
ELSE IF D(!japanese) DO ADD '(D %dub)' // If it is something else, list whatever the language is...
IF S(!english);(!none) DO ADD '(S %sub)' // If it is subbed in another language, list the language
sta1k3r

Post by sta1k3r »

well, tried webAom - there are much more options than in AOM program....

but i can't get it, how to set a renaming pattern as i want it - what shoul i write if i want the outcome be like:

Cowboy_Bebop_01.[KAA].avi

and just Tokyo_Godfathers.[KAA].avi or Tokyo_Godfathers.part1.[KAA].avi and Tokyo_Godfathers.part2.[KAA].avi

P.S. Yes, i do read anidb Wiki, and i get how does all the tags work, but i don't know from where to start, because what "IF" should i writte if i just want the applet to rename existing file? "IF (file exists)"?!?! - there is no such thing...

or should i just write modified thing that is in wiki - if a(naruto) - means that Naruto will not be renamed but ALL other anime will be renamed according to the pattern that follows "DO()"?
egg

Post by egg »

Well, in general, I would think that you would want:

Code: Select all

IF I(eng) DO SET '%eng' #make sure there is an English title set
ELSE DO SET '%ann' #otherwise use the romaji
IF T(!Movie) DO ADD '.%enr ' #Use the ep number if it is not a movie
IF T(Movie) DO ADD '.%epn ' #If it is a movie use the ep name, generally would be 'Complete Movie', or 'Part X of Y'
IF G(!unknown) DO ADD '[%grp]' #If the group is known, append the group name
if you only wanted to use that format for KAA files, then you could add something like:
IF G(KAA) DO FINISH

and in the substitutions section you would have from [a space character] and to _

That would handle Cowboy Bebop. Tokyo Godfathers would end up being: Tokyo_Godfathers.Part_1_of_2.[KAA].avi

Not quite what you wanted, but pretty close...

Basically it will automatically rename a file that you hash. If you change the rules, you can choose the file in the jobs screen and say 'Apply Rules' to force it to rename it based on the new rules.
sta1k3r

Post by sta1k3r »

yeap, thanks, i am going through this right now, there wasn't much time before and i thought that forum will help easily... at first - i kinda missed the comments after the example codes on the wiki page...
sta1k3r

Post by sta1k3r »

well, i'm almost there....few more things:

i tried my best with the %eng tag, but it is no use... th thing is, that i don't want Naruto movie appear like "Gekijouban Naruto: Dai Katsugeki! Yuki Hime Ninpouchou Datte ba yo!" but i want it be something simpler, like "Naruto movie 1" or "Naruto - the snow princess" (any of the short standard titles)...but id don't get how can i make this....or it is simpler to forget it and rename manually later? :) (or just for each of such series i have to make a "IF A(<names of the series>) DO FAIL"?)

P.S. and another issue, concerning another questions on webAOM rather than renaming. The popup in the "jobs" window is not appearing when i want it to. For example, there are several jobs running, i click the RMB - nothing happens... etc.....sometimes, i click it it with the same criteria as before and it appears....what's the trick? (i have the latest Firefox browser)
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

webaom does not support short names and synonyms.. and how could it? it can be dozens of them. in this case i would:

Code: Select all

if a(1456) do add 'Naruto Movie 1'
else do add '%ann'
i know it would be a hassle to make rules for every anime out there though.. but i don't see another way atm. (btw, %eng should have given you 'Naruto - It`s the Snow Princess` Ninja Art Book!')

about the popup: it won't work if you move the mouse between press and release, i noticed now. you also has to select at least one row. i can't think of anything else..

about parts, you can do tests on episode number and name (only in latest version). example:
gidler wrote:IF E(^Complete Movie$|^Part \d of \d$|^OVA$) DO ADD '%epn '
ELSE IF E(^[SOCPT][0-9]+.*$) DO ADD '%enr - %epn '
ELSE DO ADD '%enr '
byteme

Post by byteme »

Did I do this right? Using WebAOM:

#RENAME
IF I(eng) Do ADD "%eng - %enr [%grp]%ver [%CRC]"
Else do ADD "%ann - %enr [%grp]%ver [%CRC]"

I tried it without the second line and the if I(eng) part on the first line and it worked unless there wasnt an english title then it literally renamed the first part of the file to %eng. When I changed it to the above, it only uses the japanese name for the anime. Grrr. I can't put my finger on what I'm doing wrong here. Single quotes instead of double makes it rename them all using the japanese title. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong.
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

IF I(eng) Do ADD '%eng - %enr [%grp]%ver [%CRC]'
Else do ADD '%ann - %enr [%grp]%ver [%CRC]'

should work. remember to click "Apply!". also check the debug tab when something goes wrong.
egg

Post by egg »

Does the case matter on the commands? He has 'Do', 'do' and 'Else'... I have always made mine uppercase, so I don't know if it is case specific.