webaom : banned for too much connections?

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

GuntherDW

webaom : banned for too much connections?

Post by GuntherDW »

i got a couple of cd's from a friend (90 a 100 CD's) filled with anime, but the names weren't correct, so i decided to hash them to know their correct name and add them to mylist.

but after about 120 added files my webaom gave me an error window saying that i'm banned because i reached the connection limit.

Now just what the hell is going on over here?
Is this a perm ban or do i just have to wait a while untill i can add files again?
Last edited by GuntherDW on Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
exp
Site Admin

Re: webaom : banned for too many connections?

Post by exp »

GuntherDW wrote:i got a couple of cd's from a friend (90 a 100 CD's) filled with anime, but the names weren't correct, so i decided to hash them to know their correct name and add them to mylist.

but after about 120 added files my webaom gave me an error window saying that i'm banned because i reached the connection limit.

Now just what the hell is going on over here?
Is this a perm ban or do i just have to wait a while untill i can add files again?
connection limit would mean that for some reason webAOM changed the source port for the connections more than 5 times.
most likely this is related to some kind of router with network address translations somewhere between your pc and the internet.
the ban is only temporary and only applies to the UDP api.

not sure if webAOM has already implemented the "keepalive" feature. Check the options if there is anythnig somewhere which allows you to tell webAOM to send a ping packet (or some packet) once every couple of minutes.
that might help.

BYe!
EXP
GuntherDW

Post by GuntherDW »

hmm, even with that function enabled i seem to get banned, a hell of a lot faster now as well :?
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

hm, you should talk to epoximator and see if there is any solution.

BYe!
EXP