changing the letter of the harddisk: do I need to hash again

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Amour

changing the letter of the harddisk: do I need to hash again

Post by Amour »

Hello,

Because of this, because of that, my drive letter is different.
Before: F:
After: G:

Do I need to delete all the previously hashed entries and hash it all again, or there is a way to tell AniDB O'matic that those are the same files, just the drive letter is different?
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

You will need to rehash them, sorry aom.5 doesn't support moving around files.

If you wouldn't mind changing your drive letters back you can do so by going to:
Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> Computer management -> Disk management. If you right click a disk you have the option to change the drive letter.
Amour

Post by Amour »

The problem is, now the F: letter -_- is reserved for the SD / MMC. You know, it's the thing to read memory cards from your digital camera. I just bought one.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Well, that's horrendously crappy software you got if you can't even change the drive letter. As long as you have nothing in use on the device you should be able to change it's letter.
Amour

Post by Amour »

PetriW wrote:Well, that's horrendously crappy software you got if you can't even change the drive letter.
We're not talking about AOM: it's hardware. Well, forget it, I'm re-hashing already. :)
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Amour wrote:
PetriW wrote:Well, that's horrendously crappy software you got if you can't even change the drive letter.
We're not talking about AOM: it's hardware. Well, forget it, I'm re-hashing already. :)
The hardware shouldn't influence drive letter selection, that's taken care by the driver if anything.
Although I suspect it's just windows being rude to you. ;)