Granting of Change Requests for "own" files

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Devil Doll

Granting of Change Requests for "own" files

Post by Devil Doll »

I added some files to aniDB, by basically adding their ed2k hash plus some video attributes.

In the meantime I have some of these files on my harddisk, and AoM generated change requests for some more attributes, such as the different file hashes.

AoM does a login into aniDB using my user name and my password (as to be able to modify the "mylist"). The change requests created by the current version have the "Trusted" state now. But still the AoM change requests, even those that apply to files I added, have to be confirmed by some moderator.

Is there a reason for this behaviour?

I can manually revoke the generated change request via HTTP interface, then apply it manually and thus activate the change without having to wait for a moderator to confirm the change. Shouldn't AoM be able to do the same?
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Re: Granting of Change Requests for "own" files

Post by Der Idiot »

Devil Doll wrote:But still the AoM change requests, even those that apply to files I added, have to be confirmed by some moderator.
once more you talk about things you don't understand.
aom creqs are NOT granted by moderators. only troublesome stuff that gets filtered by anidb has to be checked by exp. but thats alil to none.
Devil Doll

Re: Granting of Change Requests for "own" files

Post by Devil Doll »

Der Idiot wrote:once more you talk about things you don't understand.
You may be right. But I can see those change requests listed in my "DB Change Requests" list for a while, and one or two days later they're confirmed. I can revoke them manually during this period, and that's what I have to do if I want to change them (such as adding bit rates for OGM files, for example). I can even see the name of the moderator who confirmed it. So what am I misunderstanding here? I do want to understand how it works... (and be it only to no longer have to ask questions like this one).
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Patience is a virtue - AOM creqs get auto granted in about a day, you can either fill in the info when you add files *properly*, or you can just wait a bit for AOM to fixor your ass.

Rar
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Auto creqs should be granted after about 24 hours, if they last more than that they contain information that needs verification.
If the delay is a problem and you need to edit it either fill in the information yourself from the beginning or revoke the creq, make the changes then let aom file another creq.

Edit: Demodified. ;)
Devil Doll

Post by Devil Doll »

PetriW wrote:Auto creqs should be granted after about 24 hours...
If the delay is a problem
Thanks for the explanation. And no, the delay isn't really a problem now that I know the expected time range. I did the manual revoke already, but waiting 24 hours is fine. I was just wondering why the granting is done periodically instead of per request, as I am not able to see the benefit, given the fact that the "Trusted" state is already known. And it is just that I have the additional information about the file at hand at the same time AOM creates the CR...
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

It's because Exp wants a safety margin against mistakes.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

basically it allows the requester and the mods to review auto-creqs before they are granted should there be any reason to suspect, that they might be somehow bogus.
i.e. should your client go insane from one second to the other and request like 20k creqs, we, and you probably too, will notice this fact and will have 24h to do something about it before it affects anidb.

BYe!
EXP