How to add files to Anidb using AOM?

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Locked
nanoflower
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:04 pm

How to add files to Anidb using AOM?

Post by nanoflower » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:17 pm

I'm using the latest AOM and everything seems to work fine. The only problem is with the few files that aren't already in anidb. AOM provides an option to add the files to the AniDb, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything since the files don't get added to the database. I've been trying to add the same files for over a week now and they never get added to the database so every time AOM process the existing files I get the same list of files that aren't in anidb and are being ignored.

I thought it might be a probem with my firewall, so I made sure to open up port 9000 (the default port upon installing AOM) for both TCP and UDP. Unfortunately that didn't fix the problem.

The program is contacting the Anidb, because I get the updates. So if I add a file manually through the web then AOM will get the update.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue? I'm pretty sure the problem is on my side since I know at least one person that this works for.

PetriW
AniDB Staff
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sat May 24, 2003 2:34 pm

Post by PetriW » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:57 pm

You can't add files to AniDB via AoM, only creq stuff and manage your mylist.

nanoflower
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:04 pm

Post by nanoflower » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:15 pm

Okay.. Thanks for the reply. I wonder why my friend thinks that you can do it. He's computer aware so he shouldn't be confused about what the option does.

So I'll have to do it the longer way.

Pelias
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:17 pm

Post by Pelias » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:24 pm

WEll, add this as a feature.
I curently have over 15 GB of episodes that should be added to anidb, all CRC-checked and from well known groups (aone, BA).
Idea of manually writing down all CRC codes, sizes, edk2 links and stuff makes me cry.

Der Idiot
AniDB Staff
Posts: 1227
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:19 am

Post by Der Idiot » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:36 am

Pelias wrote:WEll, add this as a feature.
I curently have over 15 GB of episodes that should be added to anidb, all CRC-checked and from well known groups (aone, BA).
Idea of manually writing down all CRC codes, sizes, edk2 links and stuff makes me cry.
you don't need to write it down. rightclick on the data in aom and it's copied.

takes less than a minute per file to add

n4rut0
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Dominican Rep.

Post by n4rut0 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:07 am

Der Idiot wrote:
Pelias wrote:WEll, add this as a feature.
I curently have over 15 GB of episodes that should be added to anidb, all CRC-checked and from well known groups (aone, BA).
Idea of manually writing down all CRC codes, sizes, edk2 links and stuff makes me cry.
you don't need to write it down. rightclick on the data in aom and it's copied.

takes less than a minute per file to add
hum... well that's not really true, as most people i must say... my bandwith is mosly for download and... web pages gets at much 1 kbps if i'm lucky and Azureus or emule arent sucking the router dry. So it takes me almost 25secs to load a normal pages and ... with anidb it takes @ 29-36 secs when u have the elink( after 2 Alt- tabs 1 click on the file u want to add and another in the copy edonkey link button) scroll down the page and then put it on the box ... that's a cool feature cuz u get most of the info from the elink and ... ur anidb client updates the file later in the anidb with the rest of the info like the time and stuff. But it isnt true u can add a file in less than 1 minute. At least not for me and not for a lot of people.

Skywalka
Posts: 889
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:57 pm

Post by Skywalka » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:15 pm

Pelias wrote:WEll, add this as a feature.
I curently have over 15 GB of episodes that should be added to anidb, all CRC-checked and from well known groups (aone, BA).
Idea of manually writing down all CRC codes, sizes, edk2 links and stuff makes me cry.
I strongly doubt that you have 15 GB of files that are not currently in AniDB from "well known groups".

There are currently over 100k users. No way in hell can you have that many files that are yet unlisted. That's about 100 episodes. No way. Li4r!!!!1!1!

;-)

Just add it manually. Adding those files via AoM would not be faster and you can simply copy the data. And if you really think those files are from those groups brace for the impact of about a gazillion CREQs changing the info anyway, especiall the "CRC correct/checked" values ;-)

n4rut0
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Dominican Rep.

well... i too have over 15 gbs of files non listed here

Post by n4rut0 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:30 am

... is not that hard... most of the files i have in spanish arent listed here... count mazinger z and great mazinger some are listed but most arent, and i'm reeeeeaaaaally lazy to do it O_o i just have like 3 hours of free time per day i cant just take 3 minutes per ep ... is a hell lota work.

But... having 15gbs of non vhs stuff in english non listed here is really imposible.

n4rut0
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Dominican Rep.

Post by n4rut0 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:45 am

ohh well, forget my last post it is posible to have over 15gb of files non listed on the database. If ur comp have problems with the memory and u move files they may get corrupted and the edonkey link will change so the client isnt going to recognice that file as existent... of if u get files from Direct connect ... there are chances to get corrupted files so ...with people like me with over 1tb of files O_o u may ran with lots of corruped files ( thnx god for Anidb/emule/donkeydoctor ) i'm checking now my megami kousei cds i got 3 corruped files @ 100mb each and they arent listed on the database (damn direct connect).

Anyway... if the file isnt listed if cuz 3 things only. Non english, english corrupted file :P, or 3rd rated show with lazy users who dont list them(maybe count me there).

e-Viper
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:38 pm
Location: Belgium

Post by e-Viper » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:40 pm

n4rut0 wrote:ohh well, forget my last post it is posible to have over 15gb of files non listed on the database. If ur comp have problems with the memory and u move files they may get corrupted and the edonkey link will change so the client isnt going to recognice that file as existent... of if u get files from Direct connect ... there are chances to get corrupted files so
self-corrupted files are NOT allowed in anidb
n4rut0 wrote: ...with people like me with over 1tb of files O_o u may ran with lots of corruped files
then you have a very suxky way to leech. I don't think thibi or I together get that many CRC-errors.

Zidrav is your friend btw :p

Locked