HowTO set AOM 0.5.** to hash every 5 hours for new files?

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

scharc

HowTO set AOM 0.5.** to hash every 5 hours for new files?

Post by scharc »

like told in topic... I wanna ask how to set aom like this? i tested ~sleep time~ but I guess did something wrong or it's the wronge function ... please someone tell me...
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Ok, this is a bit complicated but I'll provide a step by step guide:
1) Go to the options dialog, select the "General" node.
2) Set the "Sleep time in minutes" field to 300 (5*60)
3) Click the "File manager" node.
4) Click the button in the upper right corner and select the folder you want AOM to look for new files in. (For example "C:\Anime".)
5) Click "Add" to add the path to the list on the left.
6) Now select your path in the list on the left (For example "C:\Anime".).
7) Select the checkbox "Auto hash new files".
8) To make it remove files from your known files list when you delete them select the "Auto remove deleted files".

Finally a warning:
DO NOT USE "Correct data if different", IT IS HORRENDOUSLY BUGGED!
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Yeah it is the reason why I lost all my "watched" data and why I haven't corrected it untill now. It would simply take to long to get it back to the old state.

While I am at it - the next version of AoM should offer the option th save a state and then set the Mylist on the internet to that state. That way, If there ever will be such a nice "feature" like "correct if different" again, I could revert to an earlier backup.

Thx :-)
n4rut0

Post by n4rut0 »

Skywalka wrote:Yeah it is the reason why I lost all my "watched" data and why I haven't corrected it untill now. It would simply take to long to get it back to the old state.

While I am at it - the next version of AoM should offer the option th save a state and then set the Mylist on the internet to that state. That way, If there ever will be such a nice "feature" like "correct if different" again, I could revert to an earlier backup.

Thx :-)
you still mad about that?