asking

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

kouta

asking

Post by kouta »

is it going to dump download every time i run the program? and wait till it finish .... too long time? or its just for the first time?

what can i do in the media player section in the options??

thanks
Iceman[grrrr]

Post by Iceman[grrrr] »

It will "dump" everytime but it will only requests changes since the last time you connected so it won't be long.

For the media player, if you set one there, you can open files from the "Known files" tab with that player. Just click on one file and select "Open".
kouta

Post by kouta »

what about the "kowai" folder what does it do??
i read some where that you can delete it!

one more, after adding files its just apperes in the "known file" tap, so all what it do is giving me access to the files, where does all the size of the files go??

thanks
Iceman[grrrr]

Post by Iceman[grrrr] »

the kowai folder stores the database files (anime genres, relations, ...) the file names are quite obvious of what is inside. They also contain the info of your Mylist.

The _local files contain information on the files you hashed previously (your known files) such as hashes and codec info

Once the file is hashed, if it is known to AniDB you cn add it to your Mylist by right-clicking it and choosing "Add to Mylist". Or you can add files automatically if you check the option on the tab where you can hash ne files.

I suggest you read some guides to better understand what it does: http://petriw.com/AniDB_O%27Matic_-_Documentation
kouta

Post by kouta »

in the site its v.6 is it out yet? i have 5 i download it from a page form anidb...

thanks for the info it really helped me thanks
egg

Post by egg »

kouta wrote:in the site its v.6 is it out yet?
Only in our dreams... PetriW is holding out until everything is perfect... Look through the other topics in the Client Discussion forum, you will find lengthy commentaries on the lack of 6.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

And I want my generics!!!
kouta

Post by kouta »

its really a good program and its cool.

cant i have my notification on it? since that i can explore the whole site from it ..heheh :lol:

any way i added the files and every thing, i made something stuped i added some music files to the known file tap and ofcourse when the program try to hashe them it says ".......is not present in AniDB, ignoring!" i may sound stuped but its ok to leave it like that, you are asking way to add them in the first place..i just wanted to.. :D :oops:.

i added some extension filter in the hashing "Mp3 & mpc" but i guess it wont make any diffirace since that all the oreginal filters are vedio type..right!

Q: in the hashing tape under "General-> Thread priority : Lowest" what does that mean??!

P.S: there still alot of things but i hope you will help me and wait on me.. still new,thanks
kouta

Post by kouta »

new thing just poped out

i was looking at mylist and hit right click on one of the files and under filters -> i swa the notification is disabled and writen ike this : "not supported by API"??!

what is the problem & wishlist too :!: