The file "***" is not present in AniDb, ignoring!

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

yoko1998

The file "***" is not present in AniDb, ignoring!

Post by yoko1998 »

Are there any way to add file to "My Anime List" if it fail hash checkup?
I'm completely sure of Anime title, episode title, even fansub group... Are there any way to create such record for "mylist"?
kidan

Post by kidan »

I don't think this is possible with AOM (yet?). You'll have to go to www.anidb.net, login and add the file to the according anime-episode-entry (using the add-file-icon). ThenAOM should be able to fill-in the missing information.
yoko1998

Post by yoko1998 »

this is not an appropriate decision for me, because i think difference caused by some non-fatal error during downloading or some unsignificant changes in AVI header. it would be much better for future to have possibility set manual correspondence file-to-episode for such cases.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

There's always generic files but exp is too lazy to add them for all episodes so it's present in a lot of places.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Wait... am I missing something here?

Go to the anime in question on the website, open up the ep entry. Find the file you think it *should* be, and click the Image icon on the right hand side. Add as normal, but for 'Type' select 'corrupted version/invalid crc'. Done.

Of course, another option is to jump on the #animereactor channel on chotsoc and bug someone for a patch for that file, then you can rehash in AOM and it should add fine.

Rar
yoko1998

Post by yoko1998 »

are you sure this is optimal procedure, to add teens of corrupted files at web database?? if only thing i need is show this file in my local list for info/archive purposes?

i'm absolutely not sure procedure of seeking for patch may be applied in my circumstances. for example, Hunter X Hunter serie i have, from 62 files about 15 have "official" hash, other ones is not recognized by AniDB client, even if they have identical length.
rowaasr13

Post by rowaasr13 »

yoko1998 wrote:are you sure this is optimal procedure, to add teens of corrupted files at web database?? if only thing i need is show this file in my local list for info/archive purposes?
You won't add it to DB. You will add correct file to your list with flag that you actually have corrupt copy of this file.
yoko1998 wrote:i'm absolutely not sure procedure of seeking for patch may be applied in my circumstances. for example, Hunter X Hunter serie i have, from 62 files about 15 have "official" hash, other ones is not recognized by AniDB client, even if they have identical length.
Length doesn't matter when content is different. Patches are generated on-the-fly, you just need someone with correct file who will provide your ethalon hashset. Alternatively there are some other tools that recover corrupt files, but this is question for another forum.
Last edited by rowaasr13 on Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yoko1998

Post by yoko1998 »

thank you, i hope this option 'corrupted version/invalid crc' for adding files someday will appear in AniDB client.