Changing from Japanese to English

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

|Kaizoku|

Changing from Japanese to English

Post by |Kaizoku| »

Hi guys im newb so ...plz....spare me.....
ok whenever i look at "my list" its always in Jap form ...can i change that?
e.g Hagane no Renkinjutsu ---> Full Metal Alchemist

oh yea.....in the Settings
i says Anime Title English but it still does that....can someone plz tell me why?
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

As I already told you in the irc channel it can't be changed at the moment, end of story.
It doesn't matter that you feel it would be easy to implement it's not available.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

To be fair, he posted this before you were even on irc this morning. And some kind of know issues/feature requests in progress thread has been long needed. There are 11 [DUPLICATE] and 6 [NOBUG] threads on the first page of Client Bug Reports, not to mention confirmed but unacknowledged issues. I know your focus is 0.6, which should resolve/render irrelevant much of this but... you could have saved yourself some time by better doccing as you went.

Rar
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Rar wrote:To be fair, he posted this before you were even on irc this morning.
Yes and he posted it because he was too impatient to wait for a reply on irc, can't expect me to reply fast when you don't prepend my nick to questions.
Rar wrote:And some kind of know issues/feature requests in progress thread has been long needed.
One was started but never maintained, they too realized it was too much work.
Rar wrote:There are 11 [DUPLICATE] and 6 [NOBUG] threads on the first page of Client Bug Reports,
click, you know as well as I people don't look before posting
Rar wrote:not to mention confirmed but unacknowledged issues.
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2007
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Link #1: Yes indeed, but phpbb search is *particularly* bad, see my attempt to find 'aom ram usage problems' (sorry about the odd display, best direct link I could manage, feel free to fry direct search). Yes, narrowing it down better can help, but people are used to google style usefulness ranking, no wonder there is litte patience amoungst newbs for mboard searching.
Link #2: If this is a 'fixed in AOM 0.6' issue (which I'm presuming from the mysterious link), that's fine, but you certainly haven't said that in this thread (or others). Hence the multiple reports.

Rar
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Rar wrote:Link #2: If this is a 'fixed in AOM 0.6' issue (which I'm presuming from the mysterious link), that's fine, but you certainly haven't said that in this thread (or others). Hence the multiple reports.
Actually this specific one is "super broken" in aom 0.6 until sqlite supports recursive triggers. :P