AoM 200.6 (aka AoM Longhaul) progress foobar: [-105%] done

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

I doubt I've promised any such thing, maybe I stated intentions but dates like that are never set in stone.
OnegaiNL

Post by OnegaiNL »

Gao~!
Uuguu~!
:cry:
maverik26

Post by maverik26 »

Not that he needed to be defended but before you guys claim that he is too slow better try programing anything yourself.
Im not that good in these things but i know how hard it is.
Even a simple programm like to print something on screen out of a database takes it time.
So learn progging and stop complaining :P
OnegaiNL

Post by OnegaiNL »

maverik26 wrote:Not that he needed to be defended but before you guys claim that he is too slow better try programing anything yourself.
Im not that good in these things but i know how hard it is.
Even a simple programm like to print something on screen out of a database takes it time.
So learn progging and stop complaining :P
i am not complaining... i'm just crying b/c they didn't keep their promises they didn't even make :cry:

and besides i can't program lol and even if i could i wouldn't know what to do with it lol
maverik26

Post by maverik26 »

Dont worry. It was not directed to you. Else i would had quoted it. but i allready read some posts which did it. At least it eppeared to me like that.
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

*whimper*
OnegaiNL

Post by OnegaiNL »

lol i kinda feel unloved here :P

way too much feature requests and stuff like that XD
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

You feel something that isn't there.

Nobody dislikes you. That's just your own imagination. You should get used to the fact that it's more like nobody cares.
OnegaiNL

Post by OnegaiNL »

Skywalka wrote:You feel something that isn't there.

Nobody dislikes you. That's just your own imagination. You should get used to the fact that it's more like nobody cares.
wokey gomen nashai :oops: :cry:
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Again, it's not a bad thing. If we'd care more, we'd be pummeling PetriW all day to release the new version faster.

Waiting made us weary. So get a chair, sit down, and wait.

Like all the others :-)
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

or play around with the alpha...
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Well, at least you have a client at all compared to the other client projects. :roll:
Cute that you think 0.6 won't be out until 2006 but honestly, I'm not releasing another 0.5, I'd rather drop the project before I do that and with me being the lone developer it'll take the time it takes.
WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

nwa wrote:or play around with the alpha...
*Still plays with the 0.5.1.219*
:)
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

I am fine the way it is. I just said I am tired of waiting and moved on to the "Whatever" notion... I have AoM 0.5, it works, I am fine.

Nobody acutally needs 0.6 that much unless we all knew what features it would actually have in the end and what parts of it will work.

Don't get me wrong, I really want something like the stuff that has been mentioned about 0.6 but this more and more feels like waiting for Windows 95 and finding out later that 2000 was the real kicker with XP beeing the really good version.

I mean there is certainly a reason why the next version is 0.6 and not 1.0.

The reason back in October for me to want the client was because I ran out of discspace. Now I moved on and deleted stuff from my discs and the database will have to live with the fact that the new automatically changed values via a CREQ won't come from me - but then again I also stopped adding manual CREQs.

Just like you I have a finite amount of time and nobody can blame you for not working faster as long as you work at all.

In 2000 I went and registered AK-Mail. I mean I gave the guy who programmed it money. After a while the program started losing my mails - I downloaded the new mail, clicked one, and the preview was empty. I notified the developer and that guy did not do anything for over a year. He didn't update the website nor the program. Finally in 2002 he started programming again. IF AK-Mail was free, I would've tried it again with the new version. But that guy has seen me for the last time. So as long as AoM is free, nobody here can actually be angry in any way, and I guess we aren't. It just feels like christmas without actually happening and we are all ancious to finally get our hands on the next version because we like the stuff AoM 0.5 does so much. We love your work dude, and to quote Wayne and Garth "We're not worhty".

Where's the ring I can kiss mylord? ^_^
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Skywalka wrote:I mean there is certainly a reason why the next version is 0.6 and not 1.0.
Actually, the 0.6 is more because it's after 0.5... I'd say it's quite a step closer to 1.0 than then 0.5 to 0.6 version change says.

And yes, AoM is free and thus there are no obligations on my part. (I hope! 8O )
I don't have any intention of discontinuing it though, I mean I use it myself and I want to get rid of the 0.5 ram usage on my own computer. :roll: