AoM 200.6 (aka AoM Longhaul) progress foobar: [-105%] done

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

JaLooNz

Post by JaLooNz »

Woot looks nice. You should also modify the updater in Azureus and include it in AoM. Auto-update + new GUI :arrow: Safe for another decade.! :roll:

Any settings for the "Custom Title" to use all ENG / ENG name?
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

No but you can set the default title language to either english, japanese or japanese (romaji).
WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

This is looking good.

I still use AOM 0.5.1.219. Very useful to update my animelist.
Whenever I download anime (xcept the ED2K downloads with aniDB as link provider) I let AOM do the identifying and the renaming of those eps.
When complete and/or watched AOM saves me a lot of work updating my aniDB list. :)

When you are finished with the new client i'm certainly gonna try it. :wink:
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Indeed WhoCares, and you're the only guy in the hub who I know has nice crc checked files. :)

Rar
Snakes

Post by Snakes »

gawd, I love nice clean sets..
if there is one thing that tick me off is getting a new show (from my friends) and in a single 26 ep show there are 5 diffrent subs plus a couple corrupted episodes.. GAAAH!!! Im going crazy! :evil:
Ive been trying to educate my friends to check the crc's of what they download and try to stick with a single subbing group on a show but no... its the same old same old.. (imagine watching DB/DB GT in three diffrent dubs plus a few eps in japanese, uncounted diffrent subbing groups and quality ranges from poor vhs recordings to decent tv quality.. and they love it.. I might be an otaku, but I aint that desperate to watch DB)

well, I know what Im going to do in about 20 days when I finally get my broadband (dialup really sucks) and thats weeding out all the crap and clean up the shows that I have..

anyhows, enough of ranting :p

ahh yes, PetriW, do you have another snapshot of AOM 0.6 to tease us with? :)
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

*waits for PetriW to print "AOM 2005 Swimsuit Calender" complete with centerfold Mylist-Screenshot*

:D :D :D
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

I'm busy making sure cached data is synced whatever exp throws at aom. 8O

Well, here's another screenshot:

As for swimsuit calendar... You can specify multiple custom startup images for aom .6 so might want to find some birds. :wink:
WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

Plz tease me more! *drool*

[offtopic]
Ow how I love to stress some equipment (soft- and hardware) and find boundaries or limitations that aren't expected.
Like statbar who can't display volumes larger than 1 TB correctly.
Like my old LANparty fileserver. It stopped responding to local commands with 70 leechers.
Like my current PC. Uploading @ LANparties with 25 MByte/sec while playing C&C Generals.
[/offtopic]

Back to AOM. It hasn't really let me down yet. Despite that it crashes once in a while, and starts to eat up more memory the longer you use it, it didn't budge when I added 1700 files to the hashqueue. (Yup, one mouseclick. All my anime is on one large HD raid5 set). 6 hours later (Give or take some. I slept during that action) everything was hashed, renamed according to latest information (like Juuni kokki was renamed to Juuni Kokuki) and added to the AniDB Mylist including watched statuses, shared statuses and the like.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

WhoCares wrote:Back to AOM. It hasn't really let me down yet. Despite that it crashes once in a while, and starts to eat up more memory the longer you use it, it didn't budge when I added 1700 files to the hashqueue. (Yup, one mouseclick. All my anime is on one large HD raid5 set). 6 hours later (Give or take some. I slept during that action) everything was hashed, renamed according to latest information (like Juuni kokki was renamed to Juuni Kokuki) and added to the AniDB Mylist including watched statuses, shared statuses and the like.
Wonder what that'd take to do manually. 8O
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Well it would work since I did just that back in the day - the only problem is you can only drop about 50 ed2k hashes into the "ed2k dump" feature on the website so it takes about 1700 / 50 = 36 dumps and about one hour to do it. Been there, done that :-)

AoM is definately better.

Sidenote: I got a 1 TB Raid 5 myself and a 345 GB one :P
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

But renaming all the files would be a major pain. ;)
egg

Post by egg »

PetriW wrote:But renaming all the files would be a major pain. ;)
It's just the same amount of work as renaming them to English titles is now... :twisted:
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

61%?
oh, so the progress goes about 5-7% per week...
about 5 weeks to go then :lol:
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Too bad the increase might be decreasing ;)

... reminds me a bit of the progress-bars some browsers fake in order to please "the average user" - regardless of actual traffic, the percentage increases every second by a shrinking value, until it eventually reaches 100%... after an infinite amount of time ^^;
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Like I explained on page 1 of these comments: "PHEAR THE PROGRESS BAR".

We all know those nifty InstallShield Setup files which jump to 99% instantly just to idle around there for upto two minutes untill the real setup process starts (where to install, program group, quickstart icon, custom installation) and then finally you wait and watch another progress bar like the one in Norton Antivirus 2004 which finishes to 100%, then starst again to go to 100% again, just to do it another time after that because it installs several you-don't-know-what parts.

:-)

But I knew people would stop asking if I started this thread. At least those who believe the thread is really giving any info about the actual progress ^_^