Deleting non-existing files from the "known files"

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Deleting non-existing files from the "known files"

Post by fahrenheit »

Basicaly, i wish to know if there is any way to clears non-existing files from the "known files" list.

I don't use AoM every single time i add a file, i use it to add a week worth of files in a folder that has at any given time ±50 Gb's of anime with 500+ files, i use this folder to store the animes until they are finished and then burn a dvd, so the known files list is used to skip animes i allready have hashes, that is nice, and okay but when checking the list for the folders to confirm something i can still see the deleted files.

Basicaly i wish to know if there's any such option
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

The option is called "auto remove deleted files" and works fine here.

You simply have to open the options dialogue and add the directory you were talking about to the file manager and enable that option. Once AoM is started, it will then hash the directory automatically if you also enable "start hashing automatically" under "Hashing".

Next time look around a bit more since you asked for an option that is actually named the exact way you described it :-)
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Can't say I blame him though with the "massive" documentation we have. ;)
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

lol, opps, thanks for the info anyway :)

I'll try to search under every rock next time :P

JK :P

have fun
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

I don't blame him either :-)

I askes such questions too in the past for it really takes some time to find all the options.

One option I found back in the day was how to reset all my storage info to "" (nothing) which was apparently an intentional behaviour :)