Possibly make it so that we can create printable lists?

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Enlighter

Possibly make it so that we can create printable lists?

Post by Enlighter »

Like with most dvd catagorizing software, you can print your collection and catagorize it all, then put it into a binder or something.

This would be an AWSOME feature for me at least, and I am sure many others would benefit from it as well.
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

currently AniDB is pretty much file based, not media based.

Of course you could get the "storage" info from every file but how'd you print that out? A list of ALL files with their respective medium and then print that? I got about 7700 files in my mylist - wouldn't be wise to print that out.

I think PetriW should focus on other stuff before adding something like this. Better get yourself a media catalog software like "Whereisit" and add your media there, you'll be able to search your scanned media there and even print out a list. That's what I do.
Enlighter2

yeh

Post by Enlighter2 »

I agree. I meant more along the lines of the actual series themselves. So that when you get ahold of a full series you can put that into into the AoM, or find it on there and then print it out for your own cataloging purposes.
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

Well... you don't need AOM for that.
Make a mylist export template that includes a stylesheet which works well for the printer medium, and off you go.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Or buy me a printer and I might consider it. ;)
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Send me your address and I'll send you one *snicker*

What was the swedish MPA's name again? ^_^

I don't think we need a "new" template for that, you'd just have to adjust one of the already existing ones and tell it to display enough lines to fit on a sheet of A4 paper before displaying a "next" button. You'd have to press the print button a couple of times but who cares about that :-)

Another option would be to use the lightblue template and use the scripts there to insert a space every x lines to make room for the space between pages.

Sobody do that, I have to work *cough cough*

^_^
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Skywalka wrote:Another option would be to use the lightblue template and use the scripts there to insert a space every x lines to make room for the space between pages.
spaces?
<span style="page-break-before:always"></span> ;)
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

hmm, that goes on the to do list of things to do when the new sdk is released :P

how would you format a page for printing:

header:
- ?

contents:
- name|own eps/total eps|etc

footer:
- ?

doing the script is easy, well, somewhat easy, i need the format, cause i would use the same things i use on the mylist of my templates..
Enlighter2

k

Post by Enlighter2 »

If you pm me I can explain it in great detail.
Enlighter

rather

Post by Enlighter »

rather if you PM me heh. I would be more then happy to explain it, and try and give some great examples of how some of the other catagorizing software does it.