The cute girl that appears in the splashscreen..

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Snakes

The cute girl that appears in the splashscreen..

Post by Snakes »

..where have I seen her before?

Im fairly certain Ive seen the girl with the rifle in some series/ova/movie before but I cant place her. where did you guys find her? :)

PS. I love the client, keep up the great work :D
rozia

Post by rozia »

My first guess would be Full Metal Panic...
Snakes

Post by Snakes »

Full Metal Panic... humm.. cant say I can fit the girl into FMP, it really doesnt fit. FMP is a mecha series, and the only girl in that series I can remember that had pale blue'ish hair was Captain Testarossa-san and the only weapon she used was a small sidearm. besides, FMP used advanced heavy weaponary, except for the brief flashbacks of Seargant Sagara's childhood in that wartorn desert country. the girl in the picture has a common sniper/hunting rifle with a scope that could have been produced anytime between 1950/60's up to today, and it looks like she's dressed for cold weather. thats why I cant fit the girl into FMP..

guess I'll have to wait for the dev's to answer this :)
VeeSPIKE

Post by VeeSPIKE »

Based on the artwork, I would guess Gunslinger Girl. But I do not recall any of the girls with that color hair, or any being in that situation. It could just be a one-off drawing that the devs liked.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

The dev doesn't know. ;)
Picture was found on moeboard.
Snakes

Post by Snakes »

aaaww.. pooh :(

ohwell, it was worth a shot :)

Post by Guest »

It's actually from FMP - Fumoffu. Take a look at the intro of FMP, the girl thats standing in the fields :)

Post by Guest »

It seems you are refering to Captain Testarossa from Full Metal Panic! (also the girl in the field in fumoffu). However, that is not her. The character design and atire of the character on the AniDB splash screen is wayyy off her. Except for having the same colour and style hair I fail to see any resemblence.

The annoying thing is that I recognise her....and can't think for the life of me from where....guess i'll join the club. :)