'How to'-question, regarding episodes/movies I own on DVD

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Rurouni

'How to'-question, regarding episodes/movies I own on DVD

Post by Rurouni »

There are some animes which I own on DVD but also want to add to my Animelist. How do I do this without having to choose a releasegroup (since I don't own a releasegroup-encode) and set the status to 'own on DVD'?

Thanks,
Rurouni
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Currently you can't do something like this, it's not supported by AniDB.
Rurouni

Post by Rurouni »

any chance that this will be implemented in the near future?
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

It's not a client issue and I really have no idea what plans Exp has for AniDB.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

or i'm pretty much wrong, or by selecting for group: "no group (dvd rip) or unknown group", for source "dvd", for video codec "dvd" and for audio codec "ac3" you get a pretty accurate definition of DVD.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Bad fahrenheit - doing that is saying you have files that in fact you don't. If-everybody-did-it this would really mess up all the numbers in the database. You should only add files to your mylist that you have obtained, and crc verified.
Perhaps at some (much) later date exp might add a features that stores if you own something on dvd/ one saw half an episode round a mate's house or whatever, but seeing as this has no reason to exist other than a personal sense of completeness, I wouldn't hold your breath. It's still possible to vote for any anime you have after all.

Rar
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

fahrenheit wrote:or i'm pretty much wrong, or by selecting for group: "no group (dvd rip) or unknown group", for source "dvd", for video codec "dvd" and for audio codec "ac3" you get a pretty accurate definition of DVD.
We'd delete such files on sight, though :P

Refer to, for example, http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1597 for a discussion on TV/DVD vs. files in mylist.