add files & known files

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

add files & known files

Post by fahrenheit »

Hi all, i got a question/problem/request/whatever,

I used the Add Files options to do the hashing of some files, that went well (really quick, returned lots of info, thumbs up for the add files thingie), the part of the Known Files didn't went so well, i tought that when you hashed the files aom would offer then to add the files to anidb if they weren't there, i couldn't do that to my great misfortune, so i thought, "oh well, let's add this manualy, aom did a great job providing info", the thing is all the information, ed2k, crc, sha1, md5, vbitrate, abitrate, vbitrate, size,and res (basicly all the info needed to add a file) was displayed using non selectable labels instead of input/textboxes, they known files can be protected against acidental change of values, i don't mind that, but the part of not being able to do anything with them is just boring (and the option copy ed2k links just doesn't cut it).

It can be me that can't use the add files/known files options properly, but there's not much info on that, cause the program is still a alpha/beta.
(note i don't mind doing some help files, as long as i get some info on the functions :roll: )

So i ask for a bit of help on getting the most out of aom, if anyone can help i would be greatfull.

bye ^_^
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Indeed, there's an easy, yet "highly undocumented" feature of AoM that makes the copy&pasting really easy: If you right-click on the values shown by AoM in the lower part of the "Known files"-tab, they'll automatically be copied into the clipboard.
(Works for all values in "Hash information" and "File information")

(I suppose there already is a request similar to "add a tooltip like 'right-click = copy to clipboard' to the affected labels"... right? ^^;)
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

thanks wahaha, that was realy a time saver =)