[AOM] New version 0.5.1.219

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

PetriW
AniDB Staff

[AOM] New version 0.5.1.219

Post by PetriW »

Please do not post questions in this thread...

http://www.anidb.net/client/

Since version 0.4 the data storage AOM uses has been changed, settings and data from earlier AOMs will not be imported due to potential security issues this would pose.
If you have used AOM before you can safely delete the kowai.dat file when you upgrade.

Please notice that you do not need to replace AOMShell.dll, the file has not changed.

16-03-2004 version 0.5.1.219 ALPHA public release
! PetriW - This version will force an update of the local cache due to potential corruption from the defragmenter in earlier versions. Defragmenting is for the moment disabled. This should fix most current "weird" bugs. ><
+ PetriW - Mylist update checkboxes are now also supported in known files and mylist.
+ PetriW - Added /fullupdate command line switch.
+ PetriW - Readded api version support, the local storage will now clear itself when AOM reports it uses a newer anidb version.
+ PetriW - Logfile added that stores all actions taken on the local storage through AniDB API commands, this is a bugtrace and intended to be removed later.
+ PetriW - Keyboard shortcuts added for switching between tab pages.
+ PetriW - Usercount for files readded.
+ PetriW - All treeviews now retain column width, index and visibility from the previous session.
* PetriW - Storage defragmentation disabled, seems it's causing entries to be lost.
* PetriW - Tab order changed almost everywhere.
- PetriW - Correct data if different option is now properly saved between sessions.

13-03-2004 version 0.5.0.217 ALPHA public release
! PetriW - AOM now seems to work properly in all kinds of window themes, if you have any theme related crash issues please report them.
+ PetriW - Added a warning to the welcome dialog about hashing files from CD / DVD.
+ PetriW - Generic lists now support color!
+ PetriW - Added support for IP Banned and User Banned messages.
+ PetriW - If you edit a single mylist entry in generic trees all fields will be filled with the current values.
+ PetriW - Add/Edit mylist entry now has checkboxes for which fields to edit like all other Add/Edit dialogs.
+ PetriW - All generic can now Add / Edit several Mylist entries with details in one command, limited to one file per episode.
+ PetriW - All generic trees can now Remove files from mylist.
+ PetriW - All generic trees can now Quick add files to mylist, limited to one file per episode.
+ PetriW - All generic trees now have expand / expand all / collapse / collapse all.
+ PetriW - All generic trees (animelist, genrelist, grouplist, advancedsearch, animedetailslist, episodedetailslist) can now display properties of parent nodes.
+ PetriW - AOM will now try to reconnect to the AniDB API within two minutes if the connection is refused.
+ PetriW - Added support for AniDB API Internal server error message.
+ PetriW - Added support for AniDB API Down status message.
+ PetriW - Added tab with a list of all genres.
+ PetriW - Advanced search results will now display in a tab, allowing you to have multiple searches open at the same time.
+ PetriW - Added a tab with a list of all groups.
+ PetriW - Added interactive updates, now you can actually see the nodes as they're added and use the UI even while the application is updating.
+ PetriW - Added a progressbar for dump updates.
+ PetriW - Added some basic detection to determine if an anime, episode or file is has been removed but AniDB failed to inform the client.
+ PetriW - All treeviews can now also show their child nodes.
+ PetriW - Mylist statistics now display total length and size for each mylist state.
+ PetriW - Statistics now display total length of AniDB. ;)
+ PetriW - Mylist can now be sorted. (dub / sub not sortable)
+ PetriW - Mylist now displays length on anime nodes.
* PetriW - HotTrack disabled in all generic trees. Color selection on it was... lacking...
* PetriW - The filemanager will no longer resume if you are disconnect from AniDB with a server error.
* PetriW - Mylist statistics are now updated a bit less agressively, might sometimes not be 100% correct but it's needed, the statistics are too heavy to calculate atm.
- PetriW - AOM will no longer infinitelly try to reconnect if it ever times out while connecting. ^^;;
- PetriW - If an unknown response code is encountered while not authorized the command queue will now be halted.
- PetriW - All urgent class API commands will now be freed on connect to the API, this should fix the endless reconnect loop that might happen if API goes down while client is connected.
- PetriW - AOM will no longer connect with an empty queue.
- PetriW - API command queue will now halt again on unknown internal server errors.
- PetriW - Duplicate known files are now nuked when they are added, tempfix but at least it works.
- PetriW - The AniDB connection will no longer crash on welcome or disconnect if the filemanager has crashed.
- PetriW - The "Use symbols..." setting is now actually checked by the file naming function.
- PetriW - Fixed a buttload of "weird" bugs caused by bad dumps from AniDB.
- PetriW - Review average in mylist is now the real review average! ^^;
- PetriW - The "Use symbols for specialchars" and "Replace spaces with:" checkboxes are now properly checked on load if earlier checked.
Last edited by PetriW on Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:46 pm, edited 17 times in total.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

0.5.0.217 hits the water, let's see if it floats~

Post by Guest »

There was an option in the latter version to select episodes by releasing Group. By doing that you were able to add all of them to 'mylist'. Now is disabled (it is not listed) :cry:. Remeber to put it back, it was really help full.

Post by Guest »

*jumps* - I wish I could help - but I guess I cant...
yea yea yea... works fine.. awesome tool!!!

as an addition to my own database and a library for ed2k links!
*I wish the same would be available for sites like (ex)-sharereactor etc.

I wonder how much traffic the client-DL and the the updates produce :)

Great Job!!!
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

There was an option in the latter version to select episodes by releasing Group. By doing that you were able to add all of them to 'mylist'. Now is disabled (it is not listed) . Remeber to put it back, it was really help full.
Yeah I used this a lot myself so it'll be back in 0.5.1, reason it didn't make it was I wanted to release 0.5 asap (for various reasons :oops: ).
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

PetriW wrote:
There was an option in the latter version to select episodes by releasing Group. By doing that you were able to add all of them to 'mylist'. Now is disabled (it is not listed) . Remeber to put it back, it was really help full.
Yeah I used this a lot myself so it'll be back in 0.5.1, reason it didn't make it was I wanted to release 0.5 asap (for various reasons :oops: ).
If you really want to keep that one, maybe it should either only autoselect CRC valid files or better show another window where the files from (only) that group can be selected.
After all, the "select all"-checkbox was denied (on the website) to make sure people at least have a glance at the files they add to their list ;)

Post by guest »

hi, i have a problem with my AOM 0.5.0.217, the columns within Anime Browser -> Advanced Search dont match up with the contents, ie. Homepage contains 3h 45m

is this just a problem with my version?

thx
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

guest, post a bug report under the bug report section plus when you do so please specify in MUCH GREATER DETAIL what's actually wrong, AOM simply lists info anidb gives it and currently you bug report could be for the display of any of the 1619 animes, 17493 episodes or 43764 files in AniDB!!! (yes a file can display length if you've hashed it locally)
And I have no idea what you mean with "content, ie. Homepage".
If you don't know how to describe it include a screenshot.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

New version 0.5.1.219~
azntimm

Post by azntimm »

So, what does the "Correct data if different" option under the 'File Manager' option screen do? I checked the readme, searched the forum and couldn't find anything explaining what it did exactly.. I'm not quite sure what data it would have to correct. I should probably just click it and see if I can find out what it does, but I'm just a little bit worried that I'll mess up my files somehow. Putting them under the knife as it were :). Is this just database stuff that it would correct, or what?
meermanr

Post by meermanr »

Very nice :)

I was thinking, it'd be nice if all the filtering in MyList view was done using some sort of dialog with checkboxes.. it takes quite a long time to change from viewing "All complete series not on CD" to "All incomplete series on harddisk" using the right-click menu.

Maybe even some sort of profile combo box? So the user can make up their own profiles ( as above ) and then quickly switch between them..

Thanks for making this great tool. Is it open source? I'd like to help witih something like this...

Rob
meermanr

Post by meermanr »

I posted the above, I thought I was already registered.. *sigh* guess it's been too long since I was active in here..
ninjamask

Post by ninjamask »

yeah! myabe let it look, like the advanced search dialog.
tomasu

Native Linux Version

Post by tomasu »

I'm interested in making a native (C) linux version. How would I go about starting? (any docs you can send?)
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

You should talk with EXP about any such project.