Close notify popup when clicked [DENIED]

AniDB Client Feature Requests go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Iceman[grrrr]

Close notify popup when clicked [DENIED]

Post by Iceman[grrrr] »

If there's only one link there and I click it, close the pop-up at the same time since there are no more notifies left.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

some ppl are just WAY to lazy o_O

i'll think about this one but i don't see a real need for it

BYe!
EXP
Iceman[grrrr]

Post by Iceman[grrrr] »

hehe well I just think it'll please some people! :wink:
I don't really need it either but it'll make it more user friendly 8)
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

Hmmm, exp, I have yet another small idea / suggestion regarding this, but I really start to fear that I'm terribly getting on your nerves... :?
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

Elberet wrote:Hmmm, exp, I have yet another small idea / suggestion regarding this, but I really start to fear that I'm terribly getting on your nerves... :?
well, feel free to suggest anything, just be prepeared to never see it implemented :P
(or for some girls in a bad mood ringing on your door }:o)

BYe!
EXP
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

:lol:

Well, at least it's not a big DB mod this time... :P
I was hoping that the links in the notification popup don't all open in a new window. Right now, when I'm adding a newly released file to my mylist, I get the popup, then a new window with the anime, then a window for the mylist. That's four AniDB windows in under 10 seconds. 8O

If the popup's links were to open in it's parent, the window that created the popup, users can simply move the popup away and finish what they were currently doing, then use the popup to jump to the notifications while staying in the same window all the time.
Iceman[grrrr]

Post by Iceman[grrrr] »

I'm not sure about that... I like it to open a new window.

This way, if I have more than 1 notify, I can open them all in new windows, close the pop-up and then check what was added.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

Iceman[grrrr] wrote:This way, if I have more than 1 notify, I can open them all in new windows, close the pop-up and then check what was added.
yeah, that's the main idea.
and i won't change that @ target="_blank" @ notify popup as that would mean i have to use javascript to maximize the notifypopup window.
and i am clearly against that.

about the other links which open in a new window @ anidb, well we could think about those a bit, maybe there are some where it would be better to reuse the existing window.

BYe!
EXP
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

exp wrote:that would mean i have to use javascript to maximize the notifypopup window
Nah, just replace target="_blank" with target="_parent". The parent of a window that was opened via javascript is the window or frame that contained the open() call.
Iceman wrote:This way, if I have more than 1 notify, I can open them all in new windows, close the pop-up and then check what was added.
Let's count. :P One main window + popup + two notifies - popup = three windows and a lot of trouble to find and close the popup. If it's links opened in the window where the popup came from, you can let it stay open and visit each of the popup's links in order until you've seen all notifies.
zaufany

Post by zaufany »

@Elbert
Do you use MS IE?

Opera has work on many windows without problems. Netscape/Mozilla works quit good too. Only about half real AniDB members use MS IE. So i don't see need to changing this system.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Or use a browser that tab your windows instead of opening new ones.
Mozilla has it and I'd guess Opera has it, if you want it for Internet Explorer I can recommend Crazy Browser:
http://www.crazybrowser.com/
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

I use Mozilla most of the time now. But no matter if it's tabs, windows, IE or Mozilla, I still don't like the idea of having five different windows floating around my Desktop (or within Mozilla, for that matter)...
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Btw, I have to say I like it as is so don't change it please! ;)
Iceman[grrrr]

Post by Iceman[grrrr] »

Elberet wrote:I still don't like the idea of having five different windows floating around my Desktop (or within Mozilla, for that matter)...
An easy way to solve that is to close the main window before clicking on the popup link!