episode request option [OLDREQ]

AniDB Client Feature Requests go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

permidion

episode request option [OLDREQ]

Post by permidion »

first of all, sorry if this has already been discussed, but i must confess i didnt read ALL the messages posted here so i may have missed it. If so please ignore this.

Since several days im using this magnificent tool that is AnimeDB, i noticed several time i was the only one (for now) to own some anime episode, or version of episode. I do share some of these rare ones but my space is limited so i cant propose all the anime i have.

Also i noticed the database already offer a way to see the list of the people who own each epsiodes (by clicking on the small number of users)

So an idea has been wandering in my mind for some days already.
Would it be possible to add a checkbox on this page (the one with the list of owner) to ask for sharing.

This checkbox would triger a new entry in a "request for sharing" liste of each of the owner. This would be accessible via MyPlace/MyNAV.

This would be absolutely non intrusive, because the owner can choose to look or not into his "request for sharing" list. He can also decide to put the wanted anime into his share folder or not, the decision is up to him.
Also the entry in the list would be erased after a certain periode of time.

In my case, i know i wouldnt answer to to each and every requestes (like request for already well distributed anime) but i certainly share some rares epsiodes.

This is just a vague idea and is therefor open to critic. (plz try to avoid tomatoes, its hard to clean)

Permidion
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Re: episode request option

Post by wahaha »

permidion wrote:first of all, sorry if this has already been discussed, but i must confess i didnt read ALL the messages posted here so i may have missed it. If so please ignore this.
Even though a certain lazy bum didn't update the overview-sticky for quite some time now (:oops:), you can find it in the "requests overview":
REQ: Adding a REQ Button into the Filelist or Detailinfo
And some posts at the end of Burning
(The links are meant to also think of the old ideas on that matter, to not re-invent the wheel - but not to end this thread)

Combining the previous idea of the states "Requesting" and "Sharing on Request" with the share-request-list sounds like the best solution to me.
permidion

Post by permidion »

mmm
we are not Monday, are we?

ah, Wednesday you say?
So i dont have any excuse, shame...

i think i will go to the doctor, maybe they can cure me, or implant me a new pair of eyes, i think i need it...