[FEATURE REQUESTS] [AOM]: Custom Anime Name and epno offsets

AniDB Client Feature Requests go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

chriv

[FEATURE REQUESTS] [AOM]: Custom Anime Name and epno offsets

Post by chriv »

I have two seperate feature requests for AOM 5:

1) I would like AOM to offer the user the ability to store a "custom" anime name for each anime in the database. This custom name should be available to the user for automatic file renaming also.

For instance, I would like to be able to store "Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon" as "Sailor Moon". I would like AOM to keep a field in its db, so that I can "customize" the name I use for this series. (This is just one example). Then I can use the "custom" name for automatic file renaming also.

2) I would like AOM to offer the user the ability to create a "episode number offset" for each series in the database. The offset would then be available for users to optionally increment (or decrement) the episodes numbers used for storage when automatically file renaming.

For instance, a user might want episode numbers to carry across sequel series, because the anime group they download from uses this convention. Using Sailor Moon as an example again, a user might want to create the following offsets for the following series:

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: +0
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon R: +46 (because there were 46 episodes of the previous series)
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S: +89 (becuase there were 89 total episodes in the previous two series)
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Super S: +127 (because there were 127 total episodes in the previous three series)
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Sailor Stars: +166 (because there were 166 total episodes in the previous four series)

This could also be used for alternate numbering of the US version of DragonBall GT (because of the numbering offset from the Japanese version).

I can think of other uses as well.

I hope you agree.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

1) coming in 0.6
2) I don't think I'll implement anything like this, sorry. If it gets implemented it'll be long from now.
chriv

Thanks for the quick response!

Post by chriv »

PetriW wrote:2) I don't think I'll implement anything like this, sorry. If it gets implemented it'll be long from now.
It's OK. I actually thought it would be the easier of the two features to do. It's useful because of the way that some anime groups number their shows. Anime-Avatar numbers Sailor Moon eps 1 - 200, even though the show is actually composed of multiple series. I'm trying to get to where I don't have to manually rename any of my shows at all.

Thanks for the hard work, PetriW!
suppy

Post by suppy »

1) This is already possible in WebAOM

2) This looks like a feature that would be extending the WebAOM-rename-scripting language a bit, and something that should be quite possible from a syntax standpoint it seems to me atleast