Option to send msg-es to other users [DONE]

AniDB Client Feature Requests go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Missty

Option to send msg-es to other users [DONE]

Post by Missty »

Just an idea, would be nice if you are able to send messages to other users on AniDB.
Perhaps also to add some other features to "my place" like the ability to write something there about yourself or the type of anime you like or something that other people can read.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

hm,

i've been thinking about stuff like that. it might be included some day. but it does not have a high priority as i see it.
the active anidb users prolly all have a forum account to, so atm they could be contacted that way.

BYe!
EXP
shaydwyrm

Post by shaydwyrm »

In that case, maybe have a field on the userlist that tells what their forum nick is?
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

Or better yet: Integrate the two. But I guess that would require major changes to phpBB...
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

yeah,

I'd rather not do that @ anidb/phpbb merge

BYe!
EXP
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

I like this idea though. It`s useful to msg an user whenever he made a creq (which is already implemented), but I suppose the same thing could work for the Anime Hint or a written review.
SilverWordz
AniDB Staff

Post by SilverWordz »

I'd prefer it for use of messaging someone and asking them to share or reshare files that the user has listed in their mylist. But I think another suggestion has been made for a reshare request feature.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

An option to request a file reshare would be nice (another option in the anime list?).
kidan

Post by kidan »

copy and paste from http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=164&start=15
myself wrote:(Reshare)Request-feature would still be great.

It could work like this:

A user who wants to request a file will have to add it to his mylist. there he sets the state to 'request'.

If a user requests a file all other users who have got the file not shared can see in their mylist a little icon/mark next to the anime title (and when expanding the tree next to the file).

The request is canceled either if the requesting user changes the file-state from 'request' or after a certain timeout (1 week for example) or after x people have changed their filestate to 'release' for that file.

Multiselecting would be nice (as it works with the other states as well).

Hope this helps you exp when implementing this (I think it shoud be possible with some more sql-statements for the check if there is a request and just adding one state to the filestate-combo.