REQ: New Genre: Family [DENIED]

AniDB Client Feature Requests go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Ultima
AniDB Staff

REQ: New Genre: Family [DENIED]

Post by Ultima »

I would like 'Family' to be added to the list of genres.
theMug

Post by theMug »

And to which anime would that apply?

Is that a kind of marker to say this is safe to watch with children? So Totoro would be family and Ai Yori Aoshi would be not? If you want something like that an age system would be more appropriate but I doubt that you could achieve any consensus on that, as different countries and people have very different ideas as to what is fit for children or different age groups.

If you really think of it as a genre, I cannot think of what exactly it would encompass, maybe you could elaborate a bit...
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

theMug is right. You can't achieve what you want in a public service as anidb. Maybe in a personal list.

Post by Guest »

Well maybe you guys are right, but I was going through the lame db entries, and one of the anime titles had the genre of 'Family' @ animenfo. But, now I don't remember the title now. :( I'm very sure I saw it. Family imo is different than the other genres I suppose because it does not necessarily mean Kids. Oh well, if Exp won't grant it I won't really care since it was just a genre that was a description for an anime title @ animenfo. :wink:
Ultima
AniDB Staff

Post by Ultima »

Whoops.. the above comment was by me. I forgot to log in :D Anyways I found the link to the one I saw with 'Family' as a genre. http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,915, ... gepan.html
theMug

Post by theMug »

Well, Kogepan is on the instructional side of things, more than entertainment anyway. If you need the genre "family" just for that (which isn't ver fitting in my opinion) we can leave that out.

Anidb has too many superfluous genres anyway :wink:
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

Family would be more like Ghibli ... is Ghibli a Genre already btw? It deserves it ;)
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Most Ghibli movies on animeNFO are categorized as family.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

hm,

dunno, do we really need this additional genre?
I don't mind adding it, but i don't want the genres to be even more cluttered than they are ryt now.

BYe!
EXP
BMan

Post by BMan »

don't think it's needed...too tricky...
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

dont think its necessary either
in fact..i think some genres should be removed..like Spirits and Vampires and Dementia...
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

nwa wrote:dont think its necessary either
in fact..i think some genres should be removed..like Spirits and Vampires and Dementia...
..because, unlike "Action", "Comedy" or "Sci-Fi", they can spoil the story ^^;