Colors

AniDB Client Feature Requests go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

worf

Colors

Post by worf »

It would be nice to have some new colors for the "Known Files" tab for "file in mylist but some information are missing in anidb" (length, hashes, video information, ...) and "file not in mylist and some information are missing in anidb".

Would save us a lot of time adding information to anidb because we dont have to add the files to our mylist and then run all the mylist reports anymore. :)
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Would be nice to have the option to spell it 'colour'.

Rar
e-Viper

Post by e-Viper »

enable your auto-creq and all examples you gave woule be creqed w/o you having to do something in most cases
worf

Post by worf »

e-viper, really? afaik video info isnt auto-creqd ... and examples are only examples ... we are talking about all the entries here. quality, source and so on too.
Z-95

Post by Z-95 »

At the moment, AOM creqs size, CRC, MD5, SHA-1, and ED2K and recently added creqs for length for .avi files only. Bitrate creqs for .avi files were present for a couple of days but they did more harm then good. In future versions, mkv and ogm support should be added for length and maybe codec/bitrate. Quality, source, group, version, and censorship cannot be creqed because they cannot be automated and must be decided by those that have the file.

But back to the main topic, colors that identify "lameness" in anidb might be useful, but might be a bit overboard for any information missing in anidb. Maybe just for a select few fields, say CRC verification, quality, and maybe source.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Z-95 wrote:Bitrate creqs for .avi files were present for a couple of days but they did more harm then good.
That's not true. Bitrate creqs were removed simply to reduce the amount of creqs and that I wanted to look more at the audio bitrate.
I know Rar whined about it but that was because he had to look at the creqs, not because they were wrong.
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Yeah, damn that rar for whining about 3k creqs. Shame on you rar!

;-)

I have to admit I am currently a bit annoyed by all the new !AOMSKIP! comments in anidb. I always hover over comment icons and recently I seem to only get this info instead of something useful.

!AOMSKIP! comment should be hidden on regular AniDB...
Andemon

Post by Andemon »

Speaking of the colours, I do have one suggestion: maybe duplicates should be lited in some other color than red. I spent few moments too long trying to figure out why AOM shows the file as 'CRC incorrect', when it's listed as CRC-correct in the db. ...didn't know that red is also used for duplicates. -_-;
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Duplicates are colored orange, not red. Check yoru display settings.