RAW - DVD Rip - unknown group - no group; RECAP [DONE]

AniDB Client Feature Requests go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

nwa
AniDB Staff

RAW - DVD Rip - unknown group - no group; RECAP [DONE]

Post by nwa »

hmm..maybe this has been suggested before ( I doubt it tho) but it would be better (and more understandable) to at least have RAW as an option to choose in the "Released by: " list and have DVD-Rip separately from unknown/no group
The last request could be ignored, it would be just a little clearer, altought DVD-Rip has to be released by soemone, and sometimes we have no idea by who so it would stay unknow. hmm..im arguing back to my own request :lol:

But aout the RAW option, id think it is needed, for instance in http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb.pl ... xpandall=1 the jap raw is marked as unknown, sure its unknown but it could aslo be considered as a DVD-Rip, unless its stated otherwise in the episode title like it is in that link. But I think these things shouldnt be added to the episode title.

Oh and one more thing...maybe add a special option in the "add file" page to mark a file as RECAP, I dunno who but some smartass has edited the episode titles in http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb.pl ... wolfs+rain , but there isnt such word as "RECAP" in the original episode title .So this little special option would be needed to prevent things like that.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

I don't think raw needs an extra option.
BC raw just means it's jap dub without subtitles.
And selecting language japanese and subtitles none specifies exactly that.

DVD Rips are also released by some group, in most cases those groups are also added/already present in anidb. (i.e. PA). Also dvdrips are not all equal, some ripping groups do a better job then others.
so all in all the group/release group info is also important for dvd rips, and if the group is unknown, well just select unknown.

The smartass (no offence taken) who added the recap to the ep titles was me, bc IMHO the recaps for WR are the worst ever and ppl watching WR should be warned clearly that it might be a good idea to just skip those recap eps.
An option to mark a file as recap might be interesting though. :o)
Although this brings me back to the prob that /me still needs someone to creatre some additional pics & buttons for the anidb hp.

BYe!
EXP
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

ah yes..I screwed up with the RAW thing alright..I was just so used to leaving the language/subtitle selection as default /jap/eng so I completely forgot about it :roll:

yeah, the DVD-Rip unknown/no group shouldnt be changed...I realised that in my first post

about the WR...lol..the "smartass" thing wasnt ment to be offensive
I was just thinking about the thing that episode titles should be kept as they are unless there really is a good reason to change/edit them. As a mod..nah..as an owner of this place you saw that there is a good reason to edit them and indeed these 4-in-a-row-recaps suck.

cant help you in creating additional pics & buttons tho...if you mean by creating as drawing using digital imaging programs then it wouldnt be any problem..but anything else is beyond my abilities
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

What kind of buttons and pics?
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

well,

check this post:
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1377

BYe!
EXP
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

i guess this issue is solved now.
recap is available as special ep property.

BYe!
EXP