[CGI] Indicator for your own votes/reviews in mylist [DONE]

AniDB Client Feature Requests go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

PetriW
AniDB Staff

[CGI] Indicator for your own votes/reviews in mylist [DONE]

Post by PetriW »

To promote people voting and reviewing anime there should be a small indicator in the mylist stating if you've either voted or reviewed an anime. For example, a pretty simple solution without hassle is simply adding a * behind the "9.17 (35)", ie "9.17 (35)*" if it's been voted/reviewed.

Maybe this could be connected to this request:
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=349
but I feel they're different although the possibility for them to be solved the same way is there. The other requests is for a list of votes / reviews and not an indicator in the mylist. :D
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

*done*

BYe!
EXP
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Well, please, if you want/can add an option to the profile preferences for the removal of these indicators of reviews. I don't want to have all yellow images at the side of my list as I don't abide to the current review system.

And you'll be only promoting *trash reviews* with is. People will put gibberish just to get that icon out of their way.
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

DonGato wrote:Well, please, if you want/can add an option to the profile preferences for the removal of these indicators of reviews. I don't want to have all yellow images at the side of my list as I don't abide to the current review system.

And you'll be only promoting *trash reviews* with is. People will put gibberish just to get that icon out of their way.
For once I agree to The Don here :P
I don`t think they look that great, and well ... it`s only for a select couple of people like PetriW and I. At least the review-reminder should be able to be removed - preferably disabled by default.
For voting I would say that the reminder should be enabled by default. Voting is not much work, just 2 clicks and everyone can do that.

For the review-reminder, I think it`s already sufficient to look at the votes-list. After all, that one has a way to show if you have reviewed it already or not yet. I believe the review-reminder can be completely ignored in the MyList, since you don`t review anime you haven`t voted for yet - imho, that is (Yes, I know 'Boobs in space' is an exception for me :P )
SilverWordz
AniDB Staff

Post by SilverWordz »

I'd like to add my voice to that. I don't like the indicators either. I can see where someone may want it but I'd at least like the option to shut them off. I don't plan on writing any reviews anymore and I've already deleted all my old reviews since I'm not fond of the review system either. So I really don't need to be told which animes I haven't reviewed when viewing mylist.

Heh, I actually made a post about this yesterday and then deleted it cause I thought I was being too picky but if others are going to bring it up I'll add my support to it.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Nani?! SilverWordz... I should marry you! I'm not alone with this. Glad to hear it. :)
kidan

Post by kidan »

I'd add an icon/mark, if some title was reviewd by a user (of course it qould have to be something people would like to see in their mylist, like a silver star or sth.). That way people might feel encouraged to write reviews, but they are not dragged to write some to get this 'ugly thing' out of their mylist.

Perhaps the star could be bronze for not so good reviews, silver for neutral and gold for good ones.
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

Oh, please leave the not-voted icons, but definately get rid of the not-reviewed ones. Aside from those who are too lazy, too busy or both, there are definately people who don't write reviews simply because English isn't their moter language...
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

not voted icons have been exchanged with a smaller image and there is now an image displayed if you _did_ review a certain anime.

i hope this takes care of things.

BYe!
EXP
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Absolutelly love it like it is atm, great icons. :D
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

exp wrote:not voted icons have been exchanged with a smaller image and there is now an image displayed if you _did_ review a certain anime.
Doesn`t really make a difference, since I still get annoyed by seeing that icon for those 102 reviews I`ve made. If you plan on sticking to that plan, give me the possibility to make that invisible then. This way you encourage me not to write more reviews and probably other users as well, since it just clutters the view of the MyList - which is already pretty full.

If I want to see what I have reviewed, I`ll open the 'MyReviews' or 'MyVotes' and see which series I have reviewed already. After all, you only review after you vote for it, or is that a really weird thought of me?
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

hm, due to substil presure from our review-er lobby the reviewed icons have been removed from the mylist for now.
use the myvotes page to see which anime you haven't reviewed yet.

if there is a need for it the icon could be reimplemented as optional entry which would be toggled in the profile section, but do we need this?

BYe!
EXP