[CGI] List of reviews / votes by user [DONE]

AniDB Client Feature Requests go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

PetriW
AniDB Staff

[CGI] List of reviews / votes by user [DONE]

Post by PetriW »

Let's say I find a very good reviewer, then I want to see what other animes that user has reviewed, maybe I'll find something new. Today this is very hard.

I suggest that you add a "reviews by user" and "votes by user" to the user details page (that you get to from the userlist). A link from the name of the reviewer in the anime review page to a list over his/her reviews would also be greatly appreciated.
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

This is used to create a weight (or score) for each user in relation to you.
The weight is a number calculated by adding 10 for each anime the other user voted exactly the same as you did. And adding 5 is the other user voted only one rating different (i.e. 8 instead of 9).
If the difference between votes is 3,4,5,6,7,8 or 9 a value of 2,4,6,8,10,12 or 15 is substracted from the weight for that user.
- Taken from Anime Hint-FAQ

It goes the same here as well. You see that you`re 'synced' with someone. So you would like to see what he voted/reviewed for anime you have or haven`t seen, since you get to see a bunch of titles.

I think the votes-by-user, like PetriW mentions, is very useful for the Anime Hint as well, since you can compare your own votes with a certain someone you`ve synced with. Showing the review-rating for that same user would be very useful as well.

But at least implement the vote-by-user and reviews-by-user, since they might be very useful in the future. I already consider it as a must-have.
BMan

Post by BMan »

i second this request...

Post by Guest »

i third the request...
Ultima
AniDB Staff

Post by Ultima »

Ya, I tried suggesting that a long time ago to exp http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97 - perhaps exp maybe able to implementing something to that effect now :)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

implemented

BYe!
EXP