Exploder integration: Move and Hash (for 0.6)

AniDB Client Feature Requests go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Elberet

Exploder integration: Move and Hash (for 0.6)

Post by Elberet »

I wonder if this is possible at all, but anyways...

IIRC, AOM does already move files according to certain rules, but to do so, it first needs to identify the file. Since that means double stress on the harddisks and I have a unique way of sorting series (movies, complete series, complete series that are part dvd-rips and part tv-caps, incomplete series, ovas, "miscellaneous"), I won't be using the auto-move feauture anyways, so I'm dreaming of this:

When I drag a file to a folder with the right mouse button or cut & paste it at the destination location using the context menu, there is a new option: In the first case, "Move & Hash with AOM", in the second case "Paste & Hash with AOM". Basically, this should tell AOM to move the file to that folder and, while it's reading the data to move it, calculate the ed2k-hash to identify the file. If it was successfully identified, rename the file after the move operation has been completed according to filemanager rules in effect for the destination directory.
Snakes

Post by Snakes »

now that sounds nice..
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Not exactly impossible, I'll keep it in mind.
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

By the way, you might also want to test explorer integration with some explorer replacements, such as Directory Opus.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

I don't care at all, either they support the standard microsoft way of doing shell integration or they don't. ;)