[REQ] Auto update status

AniDB Client Feature Requests go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Skal

[REQ] Auto update status

Post by Skal »

I didnt' found this already requested, so I thought I would ask.
What I would like is some kind of auto update of the status of the fils in Mylist (On HDD, on CD, etc)

Let me explain a little bit : currently, when I add files to Mylist, I have it automatically add the status "on Hdd". However, due to the sheer amount of anime I have, I usually do not update this status when I burn the files to DVD. Moreover, I never update the "shared" status, because it varies greatly depending on files I'm trying to promote on the network (usually rare files) and whatnot.

One way I can think to have up-to-date status is something like this :
- Auto add new files with "on Hdd" status (already done by the client)
- Auto-update the status when the file is not found in the local files anymore (meaning it was either burnt on DVD or deleted). This could be a parameter depending on the habit of the user (either update the status to "on DVD", "deleted", or do not change the status), somewhere in the options.
- Ideally, but I don't know if this is doable, read the Emule information of which files are shared ATM, and update the "shared" and "release" automatically each time the AOM client is launched.

This way, in my case at least, it would mean that the status of files in my list would be nearly always up to date without too much hassle.

what does everybody think ?
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

This is already in the client to some extent although it's horribly bugged. :?
Skal

Post by Skal »

I guess that you're talking about the 0.6 version, aren't you ?
If so, that's good news for me !
It means that I can have this option at some point in the future.
It's not a matter of life and death for me (obviously), it's just an option that I think could help having better uptodate anidb information for lazy peoples like me.

Keep up the good work, the client has been an incredible help for me !

BTW, regarding the "share" status by using Emule info, is it doable ? Or is it too complex because of the multitude of different clients ?
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Actually I'm talking about 0.5 8O
BTW, regarding the "share" status by using Emule info, is it doable ? Or is it too complex because of the multitude of different clients ?
In the current AOM you can set it to mark certain directories as "shared".
However, I do NOT recommend you to try this out, it's very easy for it to go haywire and mark your entire mylist as not watched.
Skal

Post by Skal »

Thanks for the reply !

I didn't knew about the ability to "share" directories (guess I have to study the client harder), but I think I will refrain to use the "shared" feature then, as the "watched" status is the one thing that I bother to keep really up-to-date.
It would'nt do so well with me if suddenly the entire mylist went to not watched ! :lol:
Going through more than 300 animes and 5000 files again would be a major pain in the ass !