Checkbox: Select All [DENIED]

AniDB Client Feature Requests go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Yonzie

Checkbox: Select All [DENIED]

Post by Yonzie »

Everywhere there's a possibility of many checkboxes, there should be a checkbox `Select All', with a bit of javascript that, if selected, toggles every checkbox ON (OFF if deselected, I guess). One can then deselect a few instead of selecting a lot.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

well,

i've been thinking about this one however there are a couple of problem why i have not implemented this any why i polly won't do so in the future.

a) It's very important to me that ppl don't just add any files to their mylist but only those which they really have. Providing a select all js checkbox would certainly lead to a bunch of lazy anidb users just adding all files of an anime to mylist. I could prevent the usage of select all if there is more than one file per ep but that wouldn't really fix the problem.
ppl would still use that option to add all files of an anime, which has only one file per ep added, to their mylist without checking if there are maybe a few files from different groups in their.
The need to scroll through the entire list and click for each file seperatly is ment to encurage ppl to select the correct file instead of just any file.

b) I generally dislike javascript and have it turned off most of the time. And I dislike pages which depend on javascript even more. Well I guess in our case it would be more like an add on and would still work even without js, but never the less...

so for now this request is DENIED.

BYe!
EXP
yidaki

eh...

Post by yidaki »

...well, thats one way of putting it.
the other is that i have to click a hundred files in order to add all eps from one group to ed2k.
who cares about peoples stats, as long as people contribute.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

It's not about the ppls stats, it's about the stats of the file.
It's of quite some importance to know how many users have a given file. It gives a good estimate for the availability of that file and in some cases also about the general quality.

In your case the easiest way to add files to mylist is still ed2kdump or an anidb client.

BYe!
EXP
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

Hmm, you know, if you argue like that it would make sense to add another file status flag: "want to get" or "getting" or "download in progress". I usually add files to my mylist as soon as I start the download, loooong before they're finished. It helps me with keeping things organized on my end, but it's not exactly correct since the next best status is "unknown".
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

I think like you exp, it's pointless to have a select all, but could be nice to have a group selection (ie. select all Rice Box releases). :)