[REQ] Proxy Server and Matroska Support

AniDB Client Feature Requests go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

CyberStorm

[REQ] Proxy Server and Matroska Support

Post by CyberStorm »

Hey, just started using AniDB and discovered that it would take ages for me to add all my anime manually (130Gb) into the mylist but I thought the idea was neat, so after a while I found your nice client, a really smart idea and it would make my work so much easier.
But (!), two things were lacking when i tried it, one was support for a SOCKS4/HTTP Proxy server since i'm behind one it effectively hampers me from using this neat program.
I tried the program anyway and added all my anime into the program, but I noticed that it didn't add the matroska files I had, very sad since half of my collection is in MKV format :(

Anyway, support for those two things is what I see lacking as of now, although the proxy support request might be out *there*, others might appreciate if the program supported the Matroska file formats since they're not totally uncommon.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Just add mkv to the filter (under options) and they should be hashed too, aom just can't extractcodec information from ogm and mkv files.

As for proxy stuff I have no idea how all that works, I'm afraid it's kinda low prio. :(
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

PetriW wrote:As for proxy stuff I have no idea how all that works, I'm afraid it's kinda low prio. :(
there are socks tunnel apps which will forward a local port through a socks proxy to a sepcified location on the internet.
something like that should do the trick for AoM.
i.e. forwarding 127.0.0.1:9000 to anidb.ath.cx:9000 and changeing the hostname @ AoM to 127.0.0.1
we should just find one and put the url into the AoM readme.

BYe!
EXP