Replace ":" with "-"

AniDB Client Feature Requests go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Replace ":" with "-"

Post by Der Idiot »

would be nice to have such an option for the file renaming. yes I could just use the "use symbols for special chars" feature or just live with the 2 extra spaces, but neither of the 2 is really satisfying (the symbol for the ":" looks horrible imho :P ). So I would rather get the spaces replaced by "-"

just in case I was not clear enough what I want:

file listed according to anidb:

Code: Select all

Lupin Sansei: Alcatraz Connection - Complete Movie - [TAMI].avi
file on my hdd after renaming by aom:

Lupin Sansei  Alcatraz Connection - Complete Movie - [TAMI].avi
what I want:

Lupin Sansei - Alcatraz Connection - Complete Movie - [TAMI].avi
hopefully that wasn't requested before, but at least I couldn't find it.
egg

Post by egg »

It was discussed before, probably buried in a thread that I don't want to bother to look up now... :wink:

I originally thought that the place where you define custom tags would be able to handle this, but I found that was a little different.

What would be nice is a replacement table where the user could define character replacements. Having multiple characters (or even regex :P ) in here would be nice for both the source and replacement. Currently PetriW has some creative solutions, but these filenames cause problems with other programs (eMule and others) that do not work with some of these. If that could become an editable table that would be great, and users can add new values, even better.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

so that was already discussed. doh.... Image

hmm sure that would even be better, but for the time being I would already be happy with just the ": to -" option. especially because that one shouldn't be that hard to implement, while the other one is surely complexer.
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

egg wrote:What would be nice is a replacement table where the user could define character replacements.
This is exactly what I would like to request! Maybe some kind of table where the user defines filters for char replacements. Like:

? -> [q]
: -> -
/ -> ~
etc...

Are there any chances this might be realized in one of the next versions?

greetz,
Cyrus
egg

Post by egg »

Cyrus wrote:
egg wrote:What would be nice is a replacement table where the user could define character replacements.
This is exactly what I would like to request! Maybe some kind of table where the user defines filters for char replacements. Like:

? -> [q]
: -> -
/ -> ~
etc...
WebAOM can handle this.
Cyrus wrote:Are there any chances this might be realized in one of the next versions?
Next versions?????? There are rumors that there is an AOM 0.6 in development, but most believe it is just a fairy tale.