Add file/folder file format filter [EXISTS]

AniDB Client Feature Requests go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Snakes

Add file/folder file format filter [EXISTS]

Post by Snakes »

think it would have been nice to have a sort of filter to sort out unwanted file formats when using the add file/folder in 'add files' so that if I selected a folder with anime it shouldnt add other files thats not video files (sub's exluded).

thing is, I have a pretty worked up system where I store my OST's, manga, art, fan art, and other files together that relate to the specific series, so when I add a anime folder the system takes with mp3's, jpeg, gif, bmp, zip's, text and pdf files and any other file it can find and adds it the hashing list. this is sorta troublesome and more than often things sneak past the inital cleanup and gets hashed just to generate alot of extra unneded traffic where every file is checked against AniDB just to get a

Code: Select all

[5/12/2004 5:06:29 PM] - The file "G:\Anime Serier\Azumanga Daioh \Azumanga Daioh OST\Azumanga Daiou {OST} 20 Chiyo-chan hashiru!.mp3" is not present in AniDB, ignoring!
so it would be nice if the add file panel had some filtering methods to just select the video files and leave the rest out of the hashing list.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

You can use the extension filter under Settings->Options->Hashing, when enabled only files with the defined extensions are hashed.

Also, unknown files don't generate any AniDB traffic, only overhead locally.
Snakes

Post by Snakes »

sorry, my bad.

guess I should have digged through the options a little better :oops: