Pre-REQ: Validate/Fill DB-entries via the client

AniDB Client Feature Requests go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

wahaha
AniDB Staff

Pre-REQ: Validate/Fill DB-entries via the client

Post by wahaha »

Sooo... let me ask for a feature that involves most likely quite some work, both for the anidb-client and the anidb itself :roll:

Well, since the anidb-client has full access to the files of the user, why not use that data to:
- Fill in / compare Codec/Bitrate/Resolution-Fields
But how exactly? Should the data be added/compared immediately or should there be some kind of counter like "amount of clients that reported value x (e.g. Audio-codec: "MP3 VBR") for file y" - that would only be considered worth including if there are at least 5 or 10 of those?
Should it then be changed on an automated base or should it be judged as a change-request?

- Double-Check if CRC and MD4 correspond
I take the bets: Among the 7000+ files in anidb, there's at least one with a false entry. ;)
(No, I did *not* add any such entries, at least not on purpose ^^)

- MD5 too
Not really needed, but hey, there *is* that field, so why not put the data there / compare if it's valid.

Oh, by the way, *who* am I nagging if I post requests here? (= Who's [intending to be] working on the client?)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

well,

i guess that would be BennieB @ responsible @ AniDB Client
btw. we have a long todo list and lots of sick ideas for the anidb client, i guess we'll post some of them here ... some day :P

BYe!
EXP