Add new files from clipboard to mylist (ed2k link) [DENIED]

AniDB Client Feature Requests go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

taj

Add new files from clipboard to mylist (ed2k link) [DENIED]

Post by taj »

In addition to scanning hd drives, it would really be nice to be abble to add new files to mylist from clipboard or from a txt file (list). Of course it would be a strict ed2k link format, not just some list. Something like in eMule Tools...Paste eD2K Link(s). So when I add files to eMule, I can also add them to mylist, all in one step (or two).

Well, just now I have a "brilliant" idea. How about making a ed2k link preprocessor, so when you click on ed2k link, it sends data to eMule and AniDB Client. :roll:
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Re: Add new files from clipboard to mylist (ed2k link)

Post by PetriW »

taj wrote:In addition to scanning hd drives, it would really be nice to be abble to add new files to mylist from clipboard or from a txt file (list). Of course it would be a strict ed2k link format, not just some list. Something like in eMule Tools...Paste eD2K Link(s). So when I add files to eMule, I can also add them to mylist, all in one step (or two).
Hmm, I don't really want to add this as it might make people add files by copying the link from emule to aom instead of actually hashing the file. Reason we want them to hash the file is in case the entry in anidb isn't complete (maybe lacks sha1 for example) then aom will autoupdate the file entries. If you really want this feature you can use this page:
http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=ed2kdump
taj wrote:Well, just now I have a "brilliant" idea. How about making a ed2k link preprocessor, so when you click on ed2k link, it sends data to eMule and AniDB Client. :roll:
Why send the entry to aom? You don't have it yet anyway.
You shouldn't add files to your mylist until you actually have them, I recommend looking through how to use file managers and have it autohash files in your eMule incoming folder, on default speed settings new files will be added within 20 minutes and at least I don't notice AOM hashing files even when playing demanding games.

Note that a big reason at least I want AOM to be out there is for the automatic change requests. Currently more than half of all files in AniDB (25000+) have sha1 information, something that wasn't originally in AniDB and which people tend not to add. Just as AniDB has some restrictions on what it allows people to do so does AOM.
taj

Post by taj »

Actually I put the file on mylist when I start to download it, so that up2date list is not filled with animes I already have on my download list.

But never mind it. Feature in AniDB, you pointed on, is just what I needed.
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

taj wrote:Actually I put the file on mylist when I start to download it, so that up2date list is not filled with animes I already have on my download list.
This is not the intended way to use AniDB and AoM. You should only add files you _have_ not files you _want_ or _currently download_ is what EXP said recently over in the AniDB feature request forum about a similar request :-)

I can understand you point, it happens to me now and then too when I sit at another computer, checking the updates when I think "hmm, do I already download this" when I send myself an Email telling me to check that when I am back home at my download computer but you know... simply check a bit less often and everything will be fine. Usually this just happens because you want too much to fast :)
taj

Post by taj »

Don't we all want too much to fast. :oops:
I'll try to hold myself back and put on mylist only animes I already have on my disk/cd. :roll: