[REQ] Play files from mylist

AniDB Client Feature Requests go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

brd529

[REQ] Play files from mylist

Post by brd529 »

It would be some nice feature to make AOM play files in the media player not only from the list of known files, but also from the mylist. So you don't have to keep in mind where your files are.
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Oh I second this request but mainly because this way I can find out where an anime was last hashed.

At the moment I more and more have the problem that I don't know on which harddisk the files are and finding a file in the known files without a search function is kinda hard when you have 4000 files hashed ^_^
fingon

ditto - 'open' from the ep list is must have

Post by fingon »

It is tedious to first check which episodes I've seen and THEN locate them using the known files (as it lacks search) - as it is, it's faster to use Windows file search to look for the episode.

(some 300G-ish of assorted anime on DVDs and 4 different HDs - ironically enough I have original DVDs for most of them as well, but DVD subtitle fonts suck ass and finding the DVDs is pain in the butt :P)

Oh yes, if you implement that play feature, preferably also implement some sort of hotkey for it so I can launch anime from the couch. Thanks. ;) Currently using zoom player for the same thing, but directory navigation to find episodes is .. disturbing.

-F
brd529

Post by brd529 »

I second that couch thing.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

It's on it's way, in the meantime I recommend using the "Hide root folder" feature. This will merge all drives and folder structures.

Aka:
C:\Anime
D:\Anime
E:\Anime
\\servername\Anime

will become

\Anime

(\\servername\ not verified but it should work ^^)