Would be nice.. [DUPLICATE]

AniDB Client Feature Requests go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

fingon

Would be nice.. [DUPLICATE]

Post by fingon »

if one could use files' location in filesystem as indicator of watched/unwatched status.

Like, using some arbitrary sample SQL schema as example, statement like this would be available:

update anidb_mylist set col_Viewed=1 where col_id in (select am.col_id from anidb_file af,anidb_mylist am,local_hashes lh,local_files lf where f.col_id=am.col_fid and af.col_size=lh.size and af.col_ed2k=lh.ed2k and lh.id=lf.hash_id and (lf.filename like '%seen\%' or lf.filename like '%old\%'));

I see this mostly as some sort of 'preference' option, and automatically done at hashing time if enabled. i.e. preference option for 'old' path wildcard(s), and then apply this as basis when adding animes to mylist (or maybe even when updating old? I don't know)

-F
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Seems several want these folder based autoupdate thingies. I had some plans AOM being able to find and hash files based on which directory they are in. Big thing is since this involves the user moving file I need to add some feature where files with the same name and size don't need to be rehashed (like how eMule works).

I'll add this along with the rest of the autohash/file detection.
As for sql the interface uses no sql to update it's local tables (well except settings). All commands are sent to AniDB, which then sends updated entries back, which are then integrated, this to prevent the local db from going out of sync. (bad thing unless you like the 3mb download first time you start aom)