[ADD][ANIME]Shakugan no Shana Tokubetsuhen: Koi to Onsen...

old granted and denied CREQs

Moderator: AniDB

Manitu

[ADD][ANIME]Shakugan no Shana Tokubetsuhen: Koi to Onsen...

Post by Manitu »

Shakugan no Shana Tokubetsuhen: Koi to Onsen no Kougai Gakushuu!

Please add this anime to the database. I tried to do it myself, but it said an anime with the same title already exists in the database, and when I tried the provided link, it said the entry had been deleted.
Here is the ANN link for the anime.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

for once providing an ann link as a source for such things is like asking to get a deny.
second i definitely won't allow that being added as a seperate entry until i have actually seen it. this shit screams DVD SPECIAL.
it's some shit onsen ep right in the middle of the series
HiEv

Post by HiEv »

Nice. Ream the guy out without even checking the Shakugan site. It's listed there as a DVD OVA:

http://www.shakugan.com/item/index.html
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

they always list it as "OVA". that doesn't mean it really is one. ova in their terminus means ANYTHING not shown on tv and exclusively released on dvd. our definition is stronger. this is also to not clutter the the db with any tiny shit they flush out in new anime entries.

what matters is the op/ed, the episodelength, the titlescreen and such things.
if they don't even bother to make a new op, change the titltescreen or anything and just put some fanservice content between existing stuff from the tv then it is definitely a dvd special and no ova.

also i have seent hat thing trying to be added so many times over the past few months so excuse myself being annoyed about that -_-
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

saw the important bits now and it definitely is a dvd special.

same op
same ed
same titlesscreen
same length

i see absolutely no reason to set that as a seperate entry
HiEv

Post by HiEv »

Der Idiot wrote:our definition is stronger. this is also to not clutter the the db with any tiny shit they flush out in new anime entries.

what matters is the op/ed, the episodelength, the titlescreen and such things.
if they don't even bother to make a new op, change the titltescreen or anything and just put some fanservice content between existing stuff from the tv then it is definitely a dvd special and no ova.
Thanks, that's useful information. You should include that in your Wiki or in your FAQ somewhere.