[DEL][GROUP] Shinsen Sonchou Sucks

old granted and denied CREQs

Moderator: AniDB

Sneezy

[DEL][GROUP] Shinsen Sonchou Sucks

Post by Sneezy »

Just noticed the "subgroup".
It's quite obvious that their only purpose was to flame another group (Sonchou-Fansubs & Shinsen-Subs) by releasing one episode (which is even the last so that they appear on top of other subgroups).

I think that's quite low. And shouldn't be supported nor accepted.

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... me&aid=979
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... p&gid=1361
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Damn stupid people. Exploiting the system for their personal agenda. -_-;
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

and? they subbed the ep and people have it. that's all that matters to anidb. if they name their group that way that is not our problem. we only document/index what is available
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

That's what I call exploiting the system. ;)
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

well what do you expect we should do? deleting the group is not an option as they did that ep. neither is removing that file. we have fandubbed russian rels in the db which are way worse than that
and changing the groupname is wrong as well.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Nothing.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

indeed
Sneezy

Post by Sneezy »

What does it matter what they did when the reason why they did is obvious of a low nature?
They only did that to offend another fansubgroup and you don't see what's wrong with that? o_O

Of course it should be deleted and set to ban so it can't be added a second time.
It's just a childish abuse and offends another group directly by name -.-

Blindness is a bliss like ignorance hm?

If you are alright with that I'll create a group called 'Shinsen Sonchou Sucks Sucks More', add any subs I ripped from any other anime to the last ep of FMA and add it to AniDB (quality doesn't matter anyway, it's just for an ad and an insult -.-).
Just the same way.
Still cool with it?
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

I think so as AniDB doesn't care about such things you're free to do it, but you have to distribute the file... not do it for yourself. ;)
Last edited by DonGato on Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoerie

Post by Hoerie »

That is just being bloodyminded. Of course if people download your version and add it to their mylists it has a legitimate place in anidb.
I don't think anidb has to act like a police force and regulate thses kind of things.
If noone adds such files to anidb, they won't be in the database.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

What does it matter what they did when the reason why they did is obvious of a low nature?
They only did that to offend another fansubgroup and you don't see what's wrong with that?
*yawn*
Of course it should be deleted and set to ban so it can't be added a second time.
It's just a childish abuse and offends another group directly by name -.-
*yawns again*

don't you think you are the one who is childish now for evening caring about that?
Blindness is a bliss like ignorance hm?
not caring about every lil detail which doesn't even affect you in the slightest bit. realize you are the _first_ to ever complain about that. never has any shs or sonchou membre contaced us to remove it. not like it would matter, because the facts stated in my first post still stand.
Sneezy wrote: If you are alright with that I'll create a group called 'Shinsen Sonchou Sucks Sucks More', add any subs I ripped from any other anime to the last ep of FMA and add it to AniDB (quality doesn't matter anyway, it's just for an ad and an insult -.-).
Just the same way.
Still cool with it?
if you share them you may also call them "Der Idiot is a fat bastard" jesus who cares. it's their name/tag, they distributed the file and people have it. all that matters.

I'm not saying it's not a retarded name, but there is _no_ reason to remove either the group or the file.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

koda has released the last ep of GSD and the final plus ep under the name 'Xero Sux' which is a direct attack against a translator Xero.

That was added in 2005, nobody has complained, nobody really cares.
Amour

Post by Amour »

Maybe if somebody creates a group with some AniDB mods/admins names, a new rule could be made to forbid those offensive names.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

Amour wrote:Maybe if somebody creates a group with some AniDB mods/admins names, a new rule could be made to forbid those offensive names.
Der Idiot wrote:if you share them you may also call them "Der Idiot is a fat bastard" jesus who cares. it's their name/tag, they distributed the file and people have it. all that matters.

go ahead and have fun. jesus how old are you? :roll:
kidan

Post by kidan »

:idea: Here's some constructive suggestion:

As we were just proven from Amour the current system is prone to introduce flame wars via said method. This is even encoraged as the general consensus is: We don't care about.
In long term I think those childish "spam/diss"-subs will be annoying to most normal users of anidb.

So I propose to create one group with a slightly derogatory name (e.g. "Some Retards") and assign all those files, which obviously were made to diss some other group to this group. The original groupnames plus a general description of the purpose of this "Some Retards"-group could then be added to the group info page.
That way all files would be able to stay in AniDB, but they won't offend anybody and therefore it would not be attractive to create that sh*t.