Slayers Graph

old granted and denied CREQs

Moderator: AniDB

Trilandian

Slayers Graph

Post by Trilandian »

The Slayers relations graph is all messed up - it shows episodes in, say, 1998 coming before episodes in, say, 1995! You should really get it organized!
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

god get that stupid us thinking out of your head that things produced later are automatically sequels. the graph is as correct as it is.

there are basically 2 arcs in slayers. the lina + nagi one and the lina + others one.
the movies (besides premium) + ova are the nagi bit
the rest is the other bit
timeline wise the nagi bit is the past of lina hence it's OMG prequel.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Re: Slayers Graph

Post by fahrenheit »

Trilandian wrote:The Slayers relations graph is all messed up - it shows episodes in, say, 1998 coming before episodes in, say, 1995! You should really get it organized!
the graps are organized in a series timeline not on a series released order, that being said, refer to Der Idiot post above for reason.
Trilandian

I see!

Post by Trilandian »

Oh, ok, I get it now. Thanks. You really helped me get things into order!
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

Hey, Der Idiot, you were wrong!
I'm not talking about the episodic order, you got that one right. I'm talking about the Lina+Naga thing being the prequel to the Lina+Others thing. It's not true!

There is absolutely no connection whatsoever between the two! The graph is wrong! The Lina+Naga story and the Lina+Others story are related by Alternative Setting! The only thing they have in common is Lina, who, if you notice, has a completely different costume design, further suggesting that there is no connection. Also, Lina in the Lina+Others story starts out at the age of 15, which means that, if Lina+Naga is prequel to Lina+Others, then at the end of Lina+Naga, she would, in fact, be no older then 15, which is pretty impossible considering how at the very beginning of Lina+Naga she could be no younger then 16 or 17. And, since it is quite clear that it could not be the opposite, meaning that LIna+Others is prequel to Lina+Naga, seeing as how it follows a completely different and unrelated storyline, it proves that the graph should show:
Slayers ............ > Alternative Setting > ...... Slayers Excellent
Slayers Next ............................................... Slayers The Book of Spells
Slayers Premium ......................................... Slayers The Motion Picture
Slayers Try.................................................. Slayers Return
................................................................... Slayers Great
................................................................... Slayers Gorgeous

<I've skipped the "Prequel/Sequel" cuz its obvious where they should be and I didn't include Lost Universe since there is really no point to do it right now since it is unrelated to the discussion>
Andemon

Post by Andemon »

*sigh*

The series is based on novels written by Hajime Kanzaka - there's over 40 or so of them. In them, it's clearly stated that Linas adventures with Naga happened before she met Gourry and the others. The storylines of the anime series are for most part straight from the novels - hence, the order is correct.
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

... I see... alright then... it still seems extremely odd to me.