[EDIT][FILES] Mahoraba -Heartful Days-

old granted and denied CREQs

Moderator: AniDB

Rouin

[EDIT][FILES] Mahoraba -Heartful Days-

Post by Rouin »

The Mahoraba -Heartful Days- page appears to have an error in the last two episode listings. I'm not sure if this can be said of all the fansub groups who completed this series, but I know that for at least Froth-Bite the error makes it so that instead of 'complete' it only says 'stalled' under the 'state' column. I believe this is because their final two episodes for this series were put on the same file (the one I have is labeled 'Froth-Bite]Mahoraba_Heartful_Days_-_25-26[371A27CB].avi')...I'm guessing this is what led to the problem of their final episode not being registered (because it was part of the previous episode) and resulted in their status being only 25 out of 26 episodes complete when it should be 26 out of 26. I can't be sure, but I'm assuming that the same thing may also apply to other subbing groups for this series that are marked down as 25 out of 26 of the episodes and 'stalled' under their status.

Guess that's all then, hope you get it sorted out properly. Long live anidb! :D
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

This problem already known for some time, but the mods can't change the group status to complete. It's being worked on, I think ;).
suppy

Post by suppy »

As sjabbie said, this is a known problem, and there's at the moment nothing anyone (except exp, but he's too busy) can do about it.

As sjabbie also said, the problem is being worked upon, but unfortunately, the solution that the staff have in mind will require a rewrite of the entire system: it's called "shadow files", you can search the forum or the tracker for them.

However, since this would require a total rewrite, it will only be done when it is deemed completely necessary. This means that it will probably take a good long while untile it is done. Expect it around the next turn of the century.

There have been several hacks made in anidb to alleviate some of the problems that would be solved by shadow files, such as generic files for example, but these are only stopgap measures until shadow files gets implemented.

In the meantime, to atleast mark it complete in your mylist, you can add the generic file for the last episode.
Rouin

Post by Rouin »

Ah, that's fine then -- sorry for posting about a problem that's already well known :P

Since I'm not a perfectionist or anything the generic file alternative is fine for me, just thought I'd bring it to your attention (even if it turned out to be pointless anyways lol)