[Bleach] Joint episodes 63-64 or not?

old granted and denied CREQs

Moderator: AniDB

Amour

[Bleach] Joint episodes 63-64 or not?

Post by Amour »

For the latest Bleach episode, there is something uncommon: the first part is complete recap, not the second part.

=A= We consider that episode 63 is 46min long.
1) We lose the logic of split episodes 52-53.
2) We cannot mark episode 63 as recap.
3) We have to edit this file in order to remove the comment.

=B= We consider that episode 63 is 23min long.
1) We have to change the length of episode 63 and mark it as complete recap.
2) We have to insert a new episode 64 and change the episode numbers of the following (64->65, 65->66, ...).
3) We have to add the Joint episode 63-64 comment to files 201760, 202568, 202347, ...
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

Or you could check the website from Bleach. Episode 63 aired on 10 january and episode 64 airs on 17 january. So 46 minutes for episode 63 is be correct. Which is option A ;).
Amour

Post by Amour »

Ok, I creq the file with the wrong comment. Thanks sjabbie.
The only weird thing is that 183 people added the file to their mylist without noticing this problem.
worf

Post by worf »

look who is talking ...

since when do ppl care about correctness and completeness of anidb?
there are only a handful of users who do... and the others add french subbed files with incomplete information >.>
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Thanks for the report.

And for you doubters, nothing will be correct for everyone. What's correct is only true in the eye of the one who did it last.

We do a good enough job though I think. Heck, with how much time some of the mods spend on AniDB it should be a sign what a monumental task actually fixing everything to be perfect would be. (If you think you can do it in a couple of weeks, let me tell you that you have no idea what you're talking about. There are usually 1000+ changes a day to the database, one person alone can't even keep up with that.)
Plus, most of the work done isn't really noticeable unless you can see the whole picture.
worf

Post by worf »

PetriW, no offence against the mods.

I've submitted quite a few creqs myself and have been working together with DerIdiot for a while now.

Its just that the average user doesn't really care if all fields are filled with information or just the minimum amount of information are added...
Amour

Post by Amour »

Worf, in that case it wasn't missing information, it was wrong information.