[EDIT][TITLE] Yu Yu Hakusho

old granted and denied CREQs

Moderator: AniDB

sjabbie

[EDIT][TITLE] Yu Yu Hakusho

Post by sjabbie »

The kanji title from Yu Yu Hakusho is wrong.

It should be 幽★遊★白書. Source: Allcinema
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

He wants little stars!

Screeny from anime itself, plz.

Rar
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

That's funny, I don't have it :evil:. Guess I've got to get it then.

EDIT: Never mind. My Kanji still don't show and I couldn't see the stars. When I entered the Kanji from AniDB into allcinema it didn't work and the kanji from ANN did work. That's why I thought it was wrong. Unless those stars belong there.
Andemon

Post by Andemon »

Well, damn.
They look like stars to me; small ones, but stars nonetheless.
...and the few japanese sites that I checked do have the stars in the title (accessup.org, for example; though I don't know if you mods consider that site reliable).

Doesn't seem like a big deal to me, but I suppose they might as well be added if you want a perfectly accurate title... -_-
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

http://pierrot.jp/title/yuyu/ <-- official site, you'll notice that they don't have stars in the html header, also the original work credit, it's without stars, but the merchandise section is full of stars http://pierrot.jp/title/yuyu/catalog/index.html

There are 12 titles in anidb containing 1 or mroe stars in the kanji title... so now would be the best time to decide: do we want them or not?
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

stars are just a flashy way to use spaces. like the strange middot and tons of other shit they have. we tried before to get rid of it, but people bit back so it stayed.
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

But in the pic from the official site, they do show stars. Nice when the producers can't decide what they want :P.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

The point is they don't matter. I bet on the official site they drop the white and red lettering and slant when writing the title in text. Anyway, in this case it's a decorated middle dot so does have some semantic purpose, wouldn't hurt adding stars, and as search on japanese titles still doesn't work, doesn't make much odds.

Rar
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Ad it as synonym with starts...