[MOVE][SUBS] Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

old granted and denied CREQs

Moderator: AniDB

sjabbie

[MOVE][SUBS] Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Post by sjabbie »

Final Fantasy

Someone added the sub files in the wrong place.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

no afaik that's correct, subtitle files should be added under the same episode as the file they are ment for... unless we got special rules for 1 episode OVAs/movies, which I don't think we have
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

I thought all the were put under O like here.

Or is that only for subtitles for multiple eps?
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

sjabbie wrote:I thought all the were put under O like here.

Or is that only for subtitles for multiple eps?
only if the subs are for several episodes or several subs are packed together.
putting it as O1 Subtitles is a dirty fix for that
Isochroma

mess

Post by Isochroma »

Something must be done about situations like the current mess that Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is becoming.

Over the past twenty-four hours, numerous files have been added, particularly multiple sub files by the BiEN group. The first ones claimed they were English, and I downloaded them to find only a fraction of the full file, and scrambled too.

As of now, there are four (4) subtitle files by BiEN, only one of which (size 1,933,312) contains the actual English subtitles. Why is the BiEN poster being allowed to fill the entry with crap/bogus files?

The recent flurry of activity illustrates the one-upsmanship and carelessness that has become characteristic of certain subbers and their lackeys.

Such rapid activity should immediately raise flags and result in some thoughtful glances by the admins, whose job it is to help keep the database from being corrupted by such fools.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Who cares. When attention rolls onto the next big thing can do some cleanup - anidb users should have enough sense to treat fresh data with caution.

Rar