One or Four groups for Dattebayo?

old granted and denied CREQs

Moderator: AniDB

Amour

One or Four groups for Dattebayo?

Post by Amour »

The group Dattebayo (subgroup of AnimeHeaven) has releases in (at least) four different languages:
* English
* Hebrew
* French
* Portuguese / Brazilian

Each language has it owns website and IRC channel, like:
http://dbfr.cjb.at/ + irc://irc.rizon.net:6667/db-fr

So the idea is to create one subgroup for each language.
But the problem is about the tag: officially, they use DB all the time.

Anyway, I will just ask you to add the subgroup relation between AnimeHeaven and Dattebayo. thanks.
AnimeOtaku

Post by AnimeOtaku »

but db is not a subgroup of animeheaven.

they were a part of animeheaven in the past, but they are now a single group with no connection to AH.

But I don´t know what it is with that different languages they make, but I think it would be the best if somebody just add the other irc channels links in the group description.
Amour

Post by Amour »

AnimeOtaku wrote:they were a part of animeheaven in the past
That's the meaning of a sub-group relation: to keep track of this kind of history events.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Who said that? O_o
Amour

Post by Amour »

Oh, so we shall remove ALL the relations from closed group in the database? Once a group is closed, we erase any relation it could have? What's the meaning?

Dattebayo was once a subgroup, so, imho, the relations should be added and kept.

And I will remind you another problem: what if a group change its name and tag? It was said that we have to create a new group and specify a parent/child group relation between the old name and the new name.

I don't want to search through the board for the exact quote, but I remember it was like this.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

I mean that relations, as I understood, are for existing groups that worked on a joined project not to keep a track of how groups were formed but I might be wrong.
Last edited by DonGato on Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

DonGato wrote:I mean that relations, as I understood, are for existing groups that worked on a joined project not to keep a track of how groups were formed.
no they cover all relations. renames, teams, splits and so on.
hence why i asked for specified relations on the tracker.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

So for now we have relations but not the kind of? So I would said to wait for that feature to be available before making the DB a mess to fix at a later time.
Amour

Post by Amour »

No, I would say the opposite: if we create the relation now, we know there is one, and in the future we only need to specify what kind of. If we don't create now, we will forget there was a relation here (well, we might not forget for Dattebayo because of this topic, but for other groups yes).