[DEL][FILE] ID:167056

old granted and denied CREQs

Moderator: AniDB

DonGato

[DEL][FILE] ID:167056

Post by DonGato »

You might want to ask him the source of the file, but this shows is not available on ed2k:
http://stats.razorback2.com/ed2khistory ... f583d9fbf7

And please tell the user not to add selfcorrupted files if it's the case. ;)
Andemon

Post by Andemon »

There's a few more added for earlier episodes, too: fid 167045 - 167050. If that one is self-corrupted, don't forget to remove those too. ;)

I wouldn't say that the Razorback stats are an accurate way to check if there's other sources for the file, though -- for some reason it has never listed the files that I'm sharing, and it's unlikely that I'm the only such case.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Well, if you're the only source then they shouldn't be listed either. :P

Of course we don't have to use it as definitive check, but that shows something.
Shinnew

Post by Shinnew »

The same user added corrupted files to Scryed too.
Amour

Post by Amour »

Same for this one:
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... 50&nonav=1

And possibly this one:
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... 51&nonav=1

There wasn't any single source since the day it was added to the database.
Andemon

Post by Andemon »

Hm? Both have more than one user. One is marginal because it doesn't even have CRC, but as far as I see, neither should be deleted.

Razorback stats really isn't a valid method for determining if anime has no sources; it can only confirm the presence of sources, not the lack of them. The userbases of various P2P programs don't actually overlap too much -- just because the file isn't available on eMule doesn't mean that it can't be found on IRC or DC++ or as torrent... This is especially true for unpopular anime and rare files.

...but in any case, those newly added files are likely self-corrupted. It's not very likely that someone would suddenly stumble across that many corrupt episodes, none of which are already in the DB.
egg

Post by egg »

Andemon wrote:Razorback stats really isn't a valid method for determining if anime has no sources; it can only confirm the presence of sources, not the lack of them. The userbases of various P2P programs don't actually overlap too much -- just because the file isn't available on eMule doesn't mean that it can't be found on IRC or DC++ or as torrent... This is especially true for unpopular anime and rare files.
I agree, Razorback can confirm that a file is appropriate to be listed in the system, but if it is not in Razorback that is not conclusive that it should not be. I have gone through a number of older CRC verified, ARC Forum posted links that are not in Razorback.

[Edit: Actually this discussion should be here.]
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

It's funny how people start to discuss what I never said. The usage of Razorback statistics for this case is based in that this anime file was released long ago and a file with the same size and specifications now is added but is not spread on the net. As I said, a mod should check if the user got it from a source where more people could get it.

So, no I don't say Razorback is conclusive, but yes, selfcorruted files shouldn't be added to DB as exp already said.
egg

Post by egg »

DonGato wrote:It's funny how people start to discuss what I never said.
These topics frequently go off on tangents... I agree that Razorback can be a tool (a good one actually), but we are just cautioning that people cannot take zero results as being conclusive.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

I never said so. :P
Andemon

Post by Andemon »

Never said that you did. ;)

My second reply was aimed at Amour, who seemed to think that the files he listed should be deleted because they don't show up in Razorback stats.