[EDIT][TITLE] Pikachu's Summer Festival

old granted and denied CREQs

Moderator: AniDB

rowaasr13

Post by rowaasr13 »

That's good point. However it'd be hard to judge if word "is very long or hard to read". Hmm, how about exception for kun-yomi based words that translate into single word? I really see nothing wrong in "kuruma isu" - it is same two words in many languages, so why not consider it same in japanese, but "nakama" would translate to single word in pretty much any language.
Rafal

Post by Rafal »

rowaasr13 wrote:I really see nothing wrong in "kuruma isu" - it is same two words in many languages, so why not consider it same in japanese
The main reason why it's one word is because of the way it is pronounced; as a quick koo-roo-my-su. Also, I hate to bring up google again, but I think 9960 hits against only 35 seems significant enough this time.
rowaasr13

Post by rowaasr13 »

Is "touka koukan" (BTW, and yes, some dictionaries do list it) single word or what? Now go check HagaRen and try to catch pause between those words. With japanese habbit to say all syllables with same speed, pausing only between syntagms, it is pretty useless to try to find any pause between nouns.