webAOM running in massive problems

Bug reports for an official AniDB Client go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

scharc

webAOM running in massive problems

Post by scharc »

Heya,
I don't know if its a problewm of my maschine, but if I get an CRC error my system runs in massive ram and cpu problem. Its fucking freaky, iTunes stucks at the moment and everthing freez for more than 2 mins, afterwards every process is slow like, I don't know, slow!

If i restart webaom and ignore these file with a crc error everything is going smoothly... kinda freaky ...

May be its only my system but maybe there is a small bug behind this... I do not know...

funning thing is, even if I hit the start button again, nothing works fine...
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

what do you mean by crc error? you mean files marked with invalid crc in anidb?

what version of Java do you have? are you running webaom as an applet or application?
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Most likely you have bad sectors on your harddrive in those files and the system is responding that way because the harddrive no longer replies properly.

Try running the following command from the command line:
chkdsk C: /R /X

Replace C: with the drive the files are on. If the computer asks you to reboot to do the check then do that.
scharc

Post by scharc »

its like petriW said, I had some bad sectors on my hdd and that may be the trigger to run into this problem..

I use the applet under firefox with an autoupdate java, so I think its up2date... but don't ask me